Singapore Expats

My Journey: Converting my new born and myself to Singapore Citizen

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: My Journey: Converting my new born and myself to Singapore Citizen

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 5:52 pm

Go to the HDB site, HDB.gov.sg Start there. Everything you need is on that site.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sweetpotato89

Post by sweetpotato89 » Tue, 04 Feb 2020 3:11 pm

May I check if you got included the UPSR, SPM certificates to the Education section? Or declare only the highest qualification will do? Thanks to advice

confusedman

Post by confusedman » Tue, 04 Feb 2020 3:37 pm

sweetpotato89 wrote:
Tue, 04 Feb 2020 3:11 pm
May I check if you got included the UPSR, SPM certificates to the Education section? Or declare only the highest qualification will do? Thanks to advice
only the tertiary certs (diploma/degree) and professional cert (if any)

orangemom

Post by orangemom » Wed, 04 Mar 2020 11:40 am

Hi Confusedman, may I check do we need to bring any documents of our child to ICA? I apply citizenship together with my son and I am going to take the Oath end of the month. My son is only 13MO so he no need to renounce his current citizenship, and he doesn't has any blue IC (he is PR also) Just bring him along when I take my Oath?

daimajin.daimajin

Post by daimajin.daimajin » Sun, 08 Mar 2020 4:16 pm

Hi Confusedman, may I check your Final Approval letter received in end of March, was it downloaded from your ICA account website or by post?
I downloaded from website so this one will be the original right?
M'sia High Com requires original and photocopies. In this case if you print 3 copies, original and photocopies will be the same.

PROBLEMunTIC

Post by PROBLEMunTIC » Wed, 25 Mar 2020 3:19 pm

daimajin.daimajin wrote:
Sun, 08 Mar 2020 4:16 pm
Hi Confusedman, may I check your Final Approval letter received in end of March, was it downloaded from your ICA account website or by post?
I downloaded from website so this one will be the original right?
M'sia High Com requires original and photocopies. In this case if you print 3 copies, original and photocopies will be the same.
My friend just shared to me this Forum, and eventually landed on this post.
I just came back from MHC this morning submitting my renunciation documents. I printed 1 colored copy of ICA Approval letter and 2 copies of black and white copy. The officer just took the 2 B/W copies instead. He understood letter is downloaded online now.

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Wed, 01 Apr 2020 6:50 pm

Hi.... User Name : "Confusedman".... Actually you should have the user name : Clearman.. Your details so elaborate, one need not even do anything extra... your details are so lucid that where to go, how to go, what to look and where to stand....etc all these details will help others. I think good Samaritans like you would make this forum really enjoyable. Wishing you, your wife and small baby a VERY VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY LIFE.

macaronjunkie

Post by macaronjunkie » Thu, 18 Jun 2020 3:31 pm

Hi hi checking back to see prior to renunciation did you get any certified true copies of your malaysia IC or passport? Is it necessary if we still have bank account etc in Malaysia? Any advice is appreciated! Going to complete the entire process soon. Thanks
shuigao wrote:
Mon, 21 Oct 2019 5:12 pm
For whoever's reading this in 2019, I guess some things have changed a little. The Citizenship application is now online and - for me at least - there was no interview step. I applied online (uploading pdf copies of all my documents) in Feb 2019, and got the IPA letter in Sept 2019.

[edit] Some further updates. I completed my citizenship formalities today at ICA level 6. I was instructed by the ICA lady to go home and apply for passport online tomorrow*. Furthermore she also told me that the submission of confirmation of the M'sian citizenship renunciation letter (within 8 mths) should also be done online. So it seems that everything is moving online now.

* I am not in any rush to go anywhere so I didn't enquire whether in-person passport applications are still accepted

keith_wyk

Post by keith_wyk » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 1:28 am

Hi confusedman,

Thank you for the elaborate post. I’m sure it will be a great guide for those who are walking the same path. There are some bits and pieces of info floating around but this is the first one I’ve seen which is so comprehensive. Kudos!

I’ve just submitted my SC application on 30th May 2020 (WFH allows me plenty of time to prepare documents). I am not really confident about the application though.. just thought I give it a try anyway. I’ll share my background-

I’m Malaysian chinese. 34 years old.
Studied in Malaysia bachelor of science, currently an exec working in consultancy field. Salary around 5.2k.
Been in Singapore since 2013. PR since 2017.
Married 2016 - wife is from PRC. She graduated from Kaplan SG in 2017 in bachelor of commerce. Currently an admin with salary about 2.4k.
She just got her PR under my sponsorship in last September 2019.
Initially we wanted to apply citizenship together but there is a requirement saying only PR after 2 years can apply... which is kinda disappointing. So anyway I just put in my application first but I have also submitted her employment details in my online application as required.
Not too sure what my chances are.. sigh. We’ve been really impatient to get our own flat. The rule about being 3 years PR before getting a flat is just ridiculous. Wonder why they make it so difficult for middle income couples who want to start a family in Singapore.
We also thought of having a kid first but we are of different nationality and the paperwork involved does sound excessive!
Hopefully ICA will evaluate and not outright reject my application coz we are not applying as a family. *fingers crossed*

nat0

Post by nat0 » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 12:36 pm

hi to those who have completed the entire process... any of you did a withdrawal of EPF in Malaysia?

GoldenAir

Post by GoldenAir » Sat, 05 Dec 2020 6:29 pm

Can I check how long was the Oath taking appointment? Does it take the whole am/pm?

Jamesgoh888

Post by Jamesgoh888 » Sun, 07 Mar 2021 1:37 pm

Hi There

nice. Congratulation.

We need a Japanese Nurse translation from English to Japanese. can pay for the time

Can whatapps + 65 849649-58 for quick discussion? TKs.