Singapore Expats Forum

Packing for Business Trips

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Nagel

Packing for Business Trips

Postby Nagel » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:14 pm

Hi all,

I would like your advice in packing shirts for business trips. How do you pack them and keep them crease free? What do you do when you need to iron your shirts in the hotel?

Postby Guest » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:33 pm

... you call the reception, you ask for a iron.... they bring it to you and you iron yourself!!! very easy!!!!

Postby Guest » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:10 pm

Really? Does every hotel provide irons on request?

Postby Guest » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 2:37 pm

... unless you go to a very cheap hotel... they definitely provide this service!!! a minimum they can do! some nice hotel even iron for you!

Strong Eagle

Re: Packing for Business Trips

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 4:06 pm

Nagel wrote:Hi all,

I would like your advice in packing shirts for business trips. How do you pack them and keep them crease free? What do you do when you need to iron your shirts in the hotel?

So, everyone else has talked about the iron... and if they don't have an iron, hang your shirts in the bathroom, turn on the shower full hot, close the door for 20 or 30 minutes, and let the steam take the wrinkles out.

As far as packing, have a suitcase large enough for a single fold in half. The kind of suitcase that has a shirt and pants fly is great... helps keep things from moving. And, don't overpack so that things are squashed in too tightly.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:37 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:So, everyone else has talked about the iron... and if they don't have an iron, hang your shirts in the bathroom, turn on the shower full hot, close the door for 20 or 30 minutes, and let the steam take the wrinkles out.

Really like this bit of advice, going to try out oneday! 8)

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:54 pm

madwolfie wrote:Really like this bit of advice, going to try out oneday! 8)

I just wish I stayed at hotels with hot water!! :P :P