Singapore Expats

Applying PR without Annex A, reduced chances ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vah

Applying PR without Annex A, reduced chances ?

Post by vah » Mon, 06 May 2019 8:14 pm

Hi there, I know that you can apply with or without Annex A, but would applying without it reduce my chances significantly ? My company has a policy of minimum work time in company before they sign out Annex A, I would be eligible in about 9 months time.

Meanwhile I also came across some advices that the Annex A does not really matter, if your profile is suitable you will get it, and if not you won't, the Annex A won't matter in the slightest.

My family are thinking to buy a place in Singapore since we have been renting our whole life, and as PR you got a significant discount on the stamp duty, so I would rather apply now vs 9 months later if the Annex A does not really matter

Anyone have any thoughts about this ? thank you very much.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Applying PR without Annex A, reduced chances ?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 May 2019 9:33 pm

Unless you have been here at least two consecutive years encompassing three tax returns it's highly unlikely that you would be successful in a PR application in any case. However, if you can meet that, as long as you have been with your employer at least 6 full months, then, yeah, don't worry about the Annex A as this was often used by the employer as a means of keep the employee tied to the employer. ICA knows this and it's why it's not really needed today, also, if you cannot produce 6 months play slips from that employer, it will diminish you chances somewhat, but not necessarily an automatic rejection.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MJ821

Post by MJ821 » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 8:17 am

vah wrote:
Mon, 06 May 2019 8:14 pm
Hi there, I know that you can apply with or without Annex A, but would applying without it reduce my chances significantly ? My company has a policy of minimum work time in company before they sign out Annex A, I would be eligible in about 9 months time.

Meanwhile I also came across some advices that the Annex A does not really matter, if your profile is suitable you will get it, and if not you won't, the Annex A won't matter in the slightest.

My family are thinking to buy a place in Singapore since we have been renting our whole life, and as PR you got a significant discount on the stamp duty, so I would rather apply now vs 9 months later if the Annex A does not really matter

Anyone have any thoughts about this ? thank you very much.
Hi so end up you applied without annex A? My company has a policy of minimum 2years work time before they sign out Annex A :(

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 1:45 pm

Do you all wonder why companies have these restriction? It's because EP/S holders come in, join a company, company spends time, money, training, etc. on the new employee and the signs the annex a and as soon as the employee gets it, they quit, just like both of you want do. Employer loses his investment in you. Sadly, no, it will not significantly diminish your chances unless you are borderline to start with. Employers have gotten wise to the loyalty, or lack thereof, of FTs. As a retired HR Mgr of a medium sized SME here, I understand where the bosses are coming from. I always signed the annex a's anyway because of the knowledge that FT will usually jump ship within one or two months if not weeks, so I don't want them as employees anyway as they are not worth their salt to any company.

In fact, one thing I used to practice was having my HR Exec check at least once a month with MOM to see how many of them, if any, have pending EP applications but not yet approved. These employees have signed their death warrant with the company because at the first sign of a downturn where employees might have to be let go, these will be the first ones as they are already looking to go, so the employer may as well help them to leave, rather that having to get rid of an otherwise loyal employee during a downturn. Food for thought? Applying for PR? The next employer will have a copy of their PR NRIC with the date of issue on it. He will also have their CV which will show when they left the previous company. Right off the bat, if me, I know they have absolutely no loyalty, so unless I'm really in a bind, I'd probably give them a miss.

Good Luck though.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MJ821

Post by MJ821 » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 2:12 pm

A person who gets PR would not leave if he thought things were reasonable. If a person is treated fairly, encouraged to become PR and given fair deal, he may not leave

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 2:22 pm

Typical thinking, but wrong. Maybe the employee's expectation are higher that the actual person's capabilities. This is often the case. Some people should be in sales as they manage to sell an employer a substandard product that doesn't show up immediately. Happens often.

MJ821

Post by MJ821 » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 2:29 pm

ahh i see
could you advise me as a retired hr manager, like people signed contract with company for two year but then didn’t talk about Pr when signing contract. Then by the time people want to apply Pr then company said management JUST set up a new policy that people should work at least two years with company then only can help. (no black&white, no official announcement to staff) this is reasonable ?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 3:45 pm

MJ821 wrote:
Wed, 30 Oct 2019 2:29 pm
ahh i see
could you advise me as a retired hr manager, like people signed contract with company for two year but then didn’t talk about Pr when signing contract. Then by the time people want to apply Pr then company said management JUST set up a new policy that people should work at least two years with company then only can help. (no black&white, no official announcement to staff) this is reasonable ?
If you dont like it and feel it is not reasonable,dont ask them for Annex A. Why are you too worried on Annex A, if you are sure the PR is granted just based on your profile, etc.

You can't have your cake and eat it too

MJ821

Post by MJ821 » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 4:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 30 Oct 2019 3:45 pm
MJ821 wrote:
ahh i see
If you dont like it and feel it is not reasonable,dont ask them for Annex A. Why are you too worried on Annex A, if you are sure the PR is granted just based on your profile, etc.

Im just asking opinion:) who don’t want have all documents required when applying something ?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 4:03 pm

MJ821 wrote:
Wed, 30 Oct 2019 4:00 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 30 Oct 2019 3:45 pm
MJ821 wrote:
ahh i see

Im just asking opinion:) who don’t want have all documents required when applying something ?
That is what I said

Which employer will be Ok to support you for the PR application, without you have contributed to the company or agreeing to stay with the company for 2 years. Company also thinks exactly like you

MJ821

Post by MJ821 » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 4:06 pm

:???:

korosensei
Regular
Regular

Post by korosensei » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 4:58 pm

i applied without Annex A and still pending. Pending now for 7mos. Praying for God's favor.

MJ821

Post by MJ821 » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 5:00 pm

korosensei wrote:
Wed, 30 Oct 2019 4:58 pm
i applied without Annex A and still pending. Pending now for 7mos. Praying for God's favor.
Good luck to you !!!!

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 5:03 pm

I have supplier told me himself. He was trying to apply PR. He ask his company to sign the form and promised will stay.
He even told me right in front my face.. In my dad name. I will keep my promise.

Few months later, I saw his boss in office. Ask him, how come you here, where is he. His boss told me, that guy resigned straight once he got his PR.

Promise using father name.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 6:05 pm

therat wrote:
Wed, 30 Oct 2019 5:03 pm
I have supplier told me himself. He was trying to apply PR. He ask his company to sign the form and promised will stay.
He even told me right in front my face.. In my dad name. I will keep my promise.

Few months later, I saw his boss in office. Ask him, how come you here, where is he. His boss told me, that guy resigned straight once he got his PR.

Promise using father name. Image

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
If things are not written clearly in black and white and signed, it is very hard to enforce.