Singapore Expats Forum

UNBELIEVABLE!!! KFC DID THESE!!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mystic law

UNBELIEVABLE!!! KFC DID THESE!!!!

Postby mystic law » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 2:47 pm

http://www.peta.org/feat/moorefield/

URGENT UPDATE: Your Letters and Calls Needed (Please See Below)

In July 2004, PETA revealed the results of an investigation into a KFC-supplying slaughterhouse in Moorefield, West Virginia, where workers were caught on video stomping on chickens, kicking them, and violently slamming them against floors and walls.]

Workers also ripped the animals’ beaks off, twisted their heads off, spat tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and squeezed their bodies so hard that the birds expelled feces—all while the chickens were still alive.

Dan Rather echoed the views of all kind people when he said on the CBS Evening News, "[T]here's no mistaking what [the video] depicts: cruelty to animals, chickens horribly mistreated before they’re slaughtered for a fast-food chain."

On January 11, 2005, Ginny Conley, head of a state prosecutors organization, told the Associated Press that criminal charges would not be filed "due to the fact that these were chickens in a slaughterhouse."

She also said that the abuse "needs to be handled more on a regulatory end than prosecuting someone criminally," even though there are absolutely no federal or state regulations dealing with humane poultry slaughter and despite the fact that these sadistic acts were clear violations of the state’s cruelty-to-animals statute.

Animal welfare experts are in agreement that the cruelty at this KFC supplier is reprehensible. Colorado State University professor of animal science, biomedical sciences, and philosophy, university distinguished professor, and university bioethicist Dr. Bernard Rollin writes, "I can unequivocally state that the behavior I saw exemplified in [this] videotape was totally unacceptable. ...

The tape showed evidence of a work force that apparently failed to recognize that chickens are living sentient beings capable of feeling pain and distress."

Dr. Temple Grandin, perhaps the industry’s leading farmed-animal welfare expert, writes, "The behavior of the plant employees was atrocious," and asserts that even though she has toured poultry facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, France, the Netherlands, and the U.K., the video showed "the WORST employee behavior I have ever seen in a poultry plant."

University of Guelph professor of applied ethology and university chair in animal welfare Dr. Ian Duncan writes, "This tape depicts scenes of the worst cruelty I have ever witnessed against chickens. … and it is extremely hard to accept that this is occurring in the United States of America."

University of California at Davis School of Veterinary Medicine graduate and avian veterinarian Dr. Laurie Siperstein-Cook writes, "In NO case can the behavior of the workers be considered a necessary or acceptable way of killing or stunning chickens."

If dogs or cats suffered this abuse, felony charges would have been filed long ago. Please remind officials that chickens are just as capable of experiencing pain and suffering and that these acts are not exempt from the state cruelty-to-animals statute.

What You Can Do
Please contact the prosecutor who decided not to file charges in this case and ask that she reconsider and file felony cruelty-to-animals charges against all those responsible for the torture of chickens at Pilgrim’s Pride in Moorefield, West Virginia. Please write respectful letters to:

Ginny Conley, Acting Executive Director
West Virginia Prosecuting Attorneys Institute
90 MacCorkle Ave. S.W., Ste. 202
South Charleston, WV 25303
304-558-3348
304-558-3360 (fax)

Please also contact the governor of West Virginia to politely ask that he use his full authority to ensure that a special prosecutor is appointed, as requested by the judge in the case:

Governor Joe Manchin
Office of the Governor
State Capitol Complex
1900 Kanawha Blvd. E.
Charleston, WV 25305
304-558-2000 (outside West Virginia)
1-888-438-2731 (within West Virginia)
304-558-2722 (fax)
Governor@WVGov.org

The best thing you can do to help spare animals from such torture is to stop eating them and, thus, stop supporting the industry that allows such cruelty to occur. Click here for a free vegetarian starter kit, and click here for free vegetarian recipes to help get you started.

This facility was a KFC "Supplier of the Year." Click here to learn more about PETA’s campaign to reform KFC.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 5:26 pm

mystic law

It seems to me that you are not a very original person are you? Can't you think for yourself? :roll:

Again you have to cut & Paste from the Other Board. No original thoughts of your own? :shock:

At first I though you could possibly be the same poster on your earlier posts but now you gave yourself away. :oops:

give us a break, most of us already read the other board as well.

sms

mystic law

I was the original poster. However, there seems to be lack

Postby mystic law » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 6:19 pm

I was the original poster. However, there seems to be lack of stimulating discussion there, so I thought why not post it here for those who have not heard the story.

From now on, I will be more regular here than there. I am posting it here for the final time to gather different feedbacks, views and maybe discussion.

I find that at the other forum, the censorship seem to be very very very strict; and some netizens are also hypersensitive...and jumpy.

Cheers~~~ ;) :lol:

Tellme

Postby Tellme » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 6:34 pm

Will you take comfort in the fact that Cannibal #1 chided Cannibal 2 for torturing you, but both are dead intent on eating you anyway?

mystic law

Postby mystic law » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 7:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:mystic law

It seems to me that you are not a very original person are you? Can't you think for yourself? :roll:

Again you have to cut & Paste from the Other Board. No original thoughts of your own? :shock:

At first I though you could possibly be the same poster on your earlier posts but now you gave yourself away. :oops:

give us a break, most of us already read the other board as well.

sms

========

At the other forum, I have different nicks; among them Jesus Christ...

If u want, I can prove it to u that I am the poster with the nick "Jesus Christ", ..... ;)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 8:42 pm

mystic law, foreigner, jesus christ or whatever

Fair enough. I stand chastised! :oops: I will have to agree with you re: lack of stimulating discussion on the other board. Probably why you were posting in Talking Point to avoid the trolls who will not register although that doesn't stop them.

Based on the fact that you were posting on Talking Point, I retract my comments except for my comment on your other posting regarding tit for tat as you state a topic about people never learning but you yourself seem to indicate that someone deserves it. Seemed to me that you are at odds with yourself.

Anyway, as I said, sorry if I jumped your case. :wink: Welcome to the board (as I said, there are a lot of the angry board netizens over here), some keep their nom de plume other do not.

I have no reason to hide hence I've kept mine. (Would have to go back to 2002 on the other board to know what it's about).

sms