Singapore Expats

is SC application online status updated

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tclttc

is SC application online status updated

Post by tclttc » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 1:30 am

i read in the forum somewhere someone mentioned he received the approval letter but the online status is still showing pending.

is there anyone got online status actually showing approved? as i am current oversea, i wonder whether i need to go back to check my mail box.

i applied last year in march.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: is SC application online status updated

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 8:36 am

tclttc wrote:i read in the forum somewhere someone mentioned he received the approval letter but the online status is still showing pending.

is there anyone got online status actually showing approved? as i am current oversea, i wonder whether i need to go back to check my mail box.

You will first receive the in principle approval letter and online status will show pending. Upon completion of the Singapore Citizenship Journey, you will receive the full approval letter and the online status will be changed to approved.

tclttc

Post by tclttc » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 8:43 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
tclttc wrote:i read in the forum somewhere someone mentioned he received the approval letter but the online status is still showing pending.

You will first receive the in principle approval letter and online status will show pending. Upon completion of the Singapore Citizenship Journey, you will receive the full approval letter and the online status will be changed to approved.
thanks for the response. will i receive some email notification then? i don't want to go back to check my mailbox... my oversea job assignment will be finished in another 5 months.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 11:25 am

I don't think they notify you via email. That's why you have to have a local address.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sc2be

Post by sc2be » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 12:15 pm

After receiving in principle approval, do they still care about you job? Meaning can change job?
jamie9vardy wrote:

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 1:20 pm

sc2be wrote:After receiving in principle approval, do they still care about you job? Meaning can change job?
Technically no, job will not play a big part after you receive your IPA. It’s down to SC Journey and renunciation of your current nationality.

Just curious, you did the physical document submission in March last year and how long have you been overseas now?

sc2be

Post by sc2be » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 2:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I don't think they notify you via email. That's why you have to have a local address.
That’s risky isn’t it? So many Singpost mishandle issues nowadays..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 2:17 pm

I've been here 36 years and received on average over 100 packages a year, not counting normal mail. I've never had a lost package or mail. Several times I've had to go to the P.O. to pick up a package that they couldn't be bothered to leave or there may well have been somebody home but nobody heard the postman at the door (one is in their 70's and one in their 90's and that one no longer mobile and the other hard of hearing - I work full time). The reason they want it to be by mail is to ensure the applicant is in Singapore or there is living body here to notify you. Email is no good at all. Could have easily gone into a spam folder. Do you check your spam folder daily? Weekly? Monthly? most don't. So, No. It's not risky. Or, it's a lot less risky than email.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

worldcitizen

Post by worldcitizen » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 3:02 pm

Check through MyICA. It will show approved or rejected online and typically tend to be slightly before one gets the physical mail.
ienquiry shows approved only after the SG Journey completed.
Source: My own experience + Few of the friends in recent weeks.

tclttc

Post by tclttc » Sun, 07 Apr 2019 10:36 am

worldcitizen wrote:Check through MyICA. It will show approved or rejected online and typically tend to be slightly before one gets the physical mail.
ienquiry shows approved only after the SG Journey completed.
Source: My own experience + Few of the friends in recent weeks.
so checking myICA is good enough? good to know.i never use ienquiry, thought they are the same.

thanks!

worldcitizen

Post by worldcitizen » Sun, 07 Apr 2019 11:37 am

"good enough" to know the status. You still need the letter to get the approval date to go into sgjourney to finish the formalities. Not sure if ienquiry and myica are the same 100% but I guess there are some diff in terms of back end data. In my case (going through sg journey) ienquiry still shows 'pending' while MyICA shows approved.

tclttc

Post by tclttc » Sun, 07 Apr 2019 12:25 pm

worldcitizen wrote:"good enough" to know the status. You still need the letter to get the approval date to go into sgjourney to finish the formalities. Not sure if ienquiry and myica are the same 100% but I guess there are some diff in terms of back end data. In my case (going through sg journey) ienquiry still shows 'pending' while MyICA shows approved.
thanks once myica status got approved i will go back to get my letter

gio2018

Post by gio2018 » Thu, 30 May 2019 11:44 pm

Hi tclttc

Congress ;-)

Do you mind tell us about your profile?