Singapore Expats

Visa for UK citizen

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
claire93

Visa for UK citizen

Post by claire93 » Wed, 20 Mar 2019 6:54 pm

Hi,

My boyfriend has been asked to move to Singapore with work and we are considering going. I am trying to find out a bit more about what visas etc i would need and am finding some conflicting answers online.

Am i allowed a 90 day visa (social visit pass?) on arrival as a UK citizen? and i believe i am able to look for work during this period??

Does anyone have any experience with having to leave within this first 90 days to get a further 90 day stay?

i currently work in finance (financial advice) and have qualifications here as well as a degree and would probably look to work in a similar sort of role.

If anyone has any answers or advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Visa for UK citizen

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Mar 2019 10:49 pm

Yes, you can get a 90 visa and yes, you can search for work while in you in Singapore.

And yes, it is possible for you to leave Singapore and then return and get another 90 days, especially if you've done something like take a holiday to Bangkok, or Tioman, or some such... then it doesn't look so much like a visa run. But, authorities seem to be on the lookout for visa runs these days, so don't count on it as a way to hang around Singapore for an extended period of time.

And unfortunately, I still have the same advice for you as I did in your other post.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=129649&p=806401#p806400

claire93

Re: Visa for UK citizen

Post by claire93 » Wed, 20 Mar 2019 11:32 pm

Thanks for your reply. The other post was not actually from me which is weird.

I will take a look at global companies out there though. Would it be best to wait until i was actually there to start looking? or apply from the UK?