Singapore Expats

Anyone got Approved PR who applied in 2018?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
amit2410

Re: Anyone got Approved PR who applied in 2018?

Post by amit2410 » Fri, 10 May 2019 12:33 pm

myen0921 wrote:I applied on 2/11/18.
Got approved on 29/4/19.
Congratulations.

Looks like malaysian and indonesian chinese applicants are getting approval regardless of work experience or qualification.

I have decided to move to australia/canada where "transparent" and "logical" economic immigration programs are in effect.

myen0921

Post by myen0921 » Fri, 10 May 2019 12:42 pm

amit2410 wrote:
myen0921 wrote:I applied on 2/11/18.
Got approved on 29/4/19.
Congratulations.

Looks like malaysian and indonesian chinese applicants are getting approval regardless of work experience or qualification.

I have decided to move to australia/canada where "transparent" and "logical" economic immigration programs are in effect.

Hmm.. It may be different tho, I got a friend malaysian chinese who get rejected for twice for PR application (who married to a singaporean husband)

Let me briefly tell you my profile.

Years working in SG: 8 YEARS!
Did I upgrade my education/skillsets during my stay in SG: Yes.
Declare my IRAS Account: YES. And I paid 1.4k for income tax every year.
Currently working with media company.

Salary: $3.3k (they do look at this)
remarks: They would like to see whether your job in SG is that high demand in singapore right now. Now they are paying high consideration who work under (Digital, Media, IT, Data Science/Security)

So yeah, I should have thank my employer company got a strong background of helping SG government agencies of promoting a lot of social work communities and activities.

myen0921

Post by myen0921 » Fri, 10 May 2019 12:45 pm

add on for above..

hmm, more than 5 years staying in SG may be higher consideration too.

Anonymousjane

Post by Anonymousjane » Thu, 06 Jun 2019 2:45 pm

Mine just got approved after 15 months, 1st time application.

x
Last edited by Anonymousjane on Mon, 17 Jun 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 06 Jun 2019 6:45 pm

Anonymousjane wrote:Mine just got approved after 15 months, 1st time application.

Malaysian Indian Wife (4 years in Sg) + India Indian husband (6 years in Sg). Married legally in Sg 1.5 years ago.

Wife is the main applicant despite earning a much lower salary while husband is the secondary applicant. Both our combined income are <9K (excluding bonuses)

Both hold Masters (wife completed just recently, hence not mentioned in our PR application).

Waited for quite a bit, both switched jobs in between and also wife had a 3 months gap while searching for a new job and ePR was pending at that time. Followed up with a couple of emails to check on the status with ICA.

I should say that you are a little lucky. Since, if you are not on EP for 3 months, your PR application will be cancelled automatically. Did both of you do your masters in SG? This might be a small factor.

Anonymousjane

Post by Anonymousjane » Thu, 06 Jun 2019 8:27 pm

Yup both in Sg, one full time in NUS and one part time in a private Uni...

vipi

Post by vipi » Mon, 10 Jun 2019 5:16 pm

Just received my 3rd time rejection :(

Caucasian from Scandinavia with wife and 2 kids going to pre-school and primary here.
Masters in Engineering
Yearly basic income 130k without bonus
Employed 12 years by local company on local contract. Spend 5 years overseas in between on an assignment but last 3.5 years back here.
Application process time on each 3 times about 11 months.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Jun 2019 9:26 pm

vipi wrote:Just received my 3rd time rejection :(

Caucasian from Scandinavia with wife and 2 kids going to pre-school and primary here.
Masters in Engineering
Employed 12 years by local company on local contract. Spend 5 years overseas in between on an assignment but last 3.5 years back here.
I judge that this outcome shows how racist the Singapore government policies are. You don't punch the correct race buttons. You won't "assimilate". You Scandinavians have all sorts of odd ideas about liberal democracy and universal healthcare. You're a round peg who won't fit into the square hole that the gahmen wants to have carved out for you.

In some other thread, I believe PNGMK noted that the number of white race PR's granted is very small. What I have stated is the reason why.

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Thu, 13 Jun 2019 1:30 pm

Received in Principle Approval for my wife and daughter's PR earlier this month.

Applied in early 2018 (2nd application, first was rejected in 2017 after about 8 months).
After waiting so long and the first rejection I did not expect them to get approval, so when the letter arrived nearly 1.5 years after applying it was a big surprise.

Wife and daughter are Thai nationals (not Thai Chinese) and I am a Singapore PR (caucasian).
I was the sponsor for the application - my wife is a housewife and has no tertiary education and our daughter is pre-school age.

Good luck to everyone else applying.

Westfield

Post by Westfield » Mon, 24 Jun 2019 6:03 pm

vipi wrote:Just received my 3rd time rejection :(

Masters in Engineering
3rd time rejection here also :(

9 months almost to the day of waiting. 12th year in Singapore; European married to a SE Asian (non-Chinese) wife; over 10 years income tax for her, 9 for me; lived here the whole time the latter years in our own condo; 2 kids born here in local schools and doing really well; wife in high powered job; me trying to start own company after working for many years for a Singaporean government entity.

It's just depressing.

I know people joke on about the assimilation part, but its hard to be more assimilated and no-way to even get that across in the application process, especially now its all online.

Axlrose81

Post by Axlrose81 » Fri, 09 Aug 2019 7:12 pm

My online status changed from “pending” to “approved” — does that mean it is approved? (I haven’t received any letter yet). ThAts why I wanted to confirm with any folks who have done it before

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 09 Aug 2019 7:25 pm

Axlrose81 wrote:
Fri, 09 Aug 2019 7:12 pm
My online status changed from “pending” to “approved” — does that mean it is approved? (I haven’t received any letter yet). ThAts why I wanted to confirm with any folks who have done it before
Yes. Congrats. Wait for 1-2 weeks for the letter to arrive via post.

You have spammed many other threads with the same message.

Axlrose81

Post by Axlrose81 » Fri, 09 Aug 2019 7:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 09 Aug 2019 7:25 pm
Axlrose81 wrote:
Fri, 09 Aug 2019 7:12 pm
Yes. Congrats. Wait for 1-2 weeks for the letter to arrive via post.

You have spammed many other threads with the same message.
Thanks.. sorry I didn’t mean to spam. It’s my first time using the forum to post. Is there a way I can delete those posts? Couldn’t find a straightforward method to do it .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Aug 2019 12:40 pm

As there were no replies to the other message, I've deleted the duplicate post.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wytm

Post by Wytm » Mon, 30 Dec 2019 8:00 pm

Hi.
For the ePR application Declaration form, did you cross out the word that does not apply or deleted the words instead?

Form 4A asked for Achievements and Innovations made in your Occupation or Profession, anyone filled this up or put NA? Does this need the achievement certifications?

Thank you.