Singapore Expats

Singapore VFTF for Indian nation with Austrlian visa grant

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
rollodxb

Singapore VFTF for Indian nation with Austrlian visa grant

Post by rollodxb » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Guys, need some advice please.

I am an Indian national with Australian visa grant and travelling Delhi - Singapore - Sydney to activate the PR. Thought I'd spend 3 days in Singapore on the way to Australia.

It seems there is a Visa Free Transit Facility at Singapore which allows you to visit Singapore for 96 hours, this is available for long term visa holders of certain countries including Australia. Anyone availed this using a grant ?

I have the Australian visa grant which still needs to be activated by doing the first landing so I am not sure if this qualifies as long term visa but maybe it does..
My query is if I can use the grant to avail VFTF in Singapore. Thanks

below information is from Singapore immigration website.

Nationals of India and the PRC

If you are in transit to or from any third country via Singapore, you may be eligible for the 96-hour VFTF if you meet these requirements:
•You may enter Singapore by any mode of transport but depart only via air or sea. You must have a valid onward air/ferry/cruise ticket departing Singapore within 96 hours; and
•You must have a valid visa*/long-term pass (with a validity of at least 1 month from the date of entry into Singapore under the VFTF) issued by any of the following countries:
•Australia
•Canada
•Germany^
•Japan
•New Zealand
•Switzerland^
•United Kingdom
•United States of America