Singapore Expats

Dependant pass - salary check

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
bhandu

Dependant pass - salary check

Post by bhandu » Sat, 09 Mar 2019 7:15 pm

Hello everyone :) I’m from Australia, been here for 2 years now. I’ll try to keep it short and crisp.
Monthly basic salary - 4900
Cpf paid by employer (in the bank account) - 833
Total monthly salary - 5733.
AWS - 2 months salary paid end of year ie 11500 approx (this is fixed and mentioned in my contract)
Bonus - 1-1.5 x monthly basic salary (variable)

Can i sponsor my wife’s dependant visa? I’m not sure if I meet the 6000 monthly fixed salary. If the cpf component in cash and aws is considered part of my fixed salary then I cross the 6000 mark else not. Please advise :-k

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Dependant pass - salary check

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Mar 2019 7:45 pm

The only thing they will use will be the Basic Monthly Salary as stated in the contract..

https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/salary/do-wa ... deductions
Do wage levels refer to the basic or gross rate of pay? Do they include CPF contributions and deductions?
The wage levels specified by the Commissioner for Labour refer to the basic rate of pay. This does not include CPF contributions and deductions. It also does not include payments such as allowances and overtime.
So, while I'm not going to try to tell you not to apply, don't be surprised if it's rejected.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bhandu

Post by bhandu » Sat, 09 Mar 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks. Is there even a chance of getting approval? And any idea how much is the cost of applying?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Mar 2019 10:58 pm

Like I said, you pays your money and you buys your ticket. Me? I would waste my money until I had all the t's crossed and all the i's dotted. But then that's just me.
What are the fees involved in a Singapore PR application?
Answer:
From 18 December 2017, you will be charged a processing fee of S$100 per applicant at the point of your PR application submission. If your application is successful, additional fees of S$20 for the Entry Permit and S$50 for a 5-year Re-Entry Permit are applicable. A new PR aged 15 years and above is also required to register for a Singapore Identity Card at a fee of S$50. Where applicable, S$30 per visa issued may be levied per applicant.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bhandu

Post by bhandu » Sat, 09 Mar 2019 11:02 pm

Thanks man. Anyone else got some different opinion?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 10 Mar 2019 8:54 am

A friend of mine earning something around 5950 with more bonuses + cash allowances than yours got into troubles when extending her EP. Not sure how it was solved.