Singapore Expats

Applied for PR on Aug 2018 via ePR portal, still pending results

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hashmonn

Applied for PR on Aug 2018 via ePR portal, still pending results

Post by hashmonn » Fri, 08 Mar 2019 11:26 pm

Hi all,

I've been living in Singapore since November 2007, and have almost lived in Singapore for 11 years.
I'm currently 24 years old and I intend to stay in Singapore for the rest of my life as long as it permits.
I'm not from Malay or Indian background, but I did not put Chinese as my race but instead categorized myself as "others" for my application although I'm from an Eastern Asian country - this was to be in line with my EP application previously.

To give a short time line of my history in Singapore:

6 years under Dependent Pass (My dad had an Employment Pass): Went to local secondary school since Sec 1 without retaining, topped the school with O Levels and went to a local Junior College and did pretty well for A Levels.

3 years under Student Pass: Went to NUS Accountancy and graduated in 3 years with a degree without honors to start working early.

1 year and 4 months under Employment Pass: Been working as an auditor in one of the Big 4s since October 2017, and there have been several cases of my seniors in the firm from various countries getting PR and citizenship a few years back.

In short, I applied for PR after 8 months of employment on Aug 2018, and it has been 6 months since my application. From my understanding, it usually takes about 3 to 6 months for the results to be out, and given the recent Singpost scandal of posts being thrown away in trash bins, I was wondering two things:

1. Are my chances of getting PR approved considered high? If so, did I make a mistake by applying for PR at the wrong timing?
2. Is it okay to inquire about the status of PR application given the reasons? (More than 6 months passed, Singpost scandal etc) I've read advice from this forum that asking for the status is the wrong move, but I was starting to get anxious.

Also, could anyone who got their PR approved from their ePR portal application sometime last year share any tips?

Thanks!

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Re: Applied for PR on Aug 2018 via ePR portal, still pending results

Post by Bakulii » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 3:54 pm

6 months waiting time is not long, there have been cases of applicants waiting for up to 1.5 - 2 years but generally I would say average waiting period of 12 months.

Hope you realise that you can check the application status online, using your Singpass, at any time.

yannnn

Post by yannnn » Mon, 08 Apr 2019 2:26 pm

hashmonn wrote:Hi all,

I've been living in Singapore since November 2007, and have almost lived in Singapore for 11 years.
I'm currently 24 years old and I intend to stay in Singapore for the rest of my life as long as it permits.
I'm not from Malay or Indian background, but I did not put Chinese as my race but instead categorized myself as "others" for my application although I'm from an Eastern Asian country - this was to be in line with my EP application previously.

6 years under Dependent Pass (My dad had an Employment Pass): Went to local secondary school since Sec 1 without retaining, topped the school with O Levels and went to a local Junior College and did pretty well for A Levels.

3 years under Student Pass: Went to NUS Accountancy and graduated in 3 years with a degree without honors to start working early.

1 year and 4 months under Employment Pass: Been working as an auditor in one of the Big 4s since October 2017, and there have been several cases of my seniors in the firm from various countries getting PR and citizenship a few years back.

In short, I applied for PR after 8 months of employment on Aug 2018, and it has been 6 months since my application. From my understanding, it usually takes about 3 to 6 months for the results to be out, and given the recent Singpost scandal of posts being thrown away in trash bins, I was wondering two things:

1. Are my chances of getting PR approved considered high? If so, did I make a mistake by applying for PR at the wrong timing?
2. Is it okay to inquire about the status of PR application given the reasons? (More than 6 months passed, Singpost scandal etc) I've read advice from this forum that asking for the status is the wrong move, but I was starting to get anxious.

Also, could anyone who got their PR approved from their ePR portal application sometime last year share any tips?

Thanks!

Hi, have you gotten ur PR approved? I also applied in Aug 2018 and its still pending

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Apr 2019 7:37 pm

I think you are going to have a problem as you have managed to circumvent doing NS.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hashmonn

Post by hashmonn » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 4:41 pm

yannnn wrote:

Thanks!

Hi, have you gotten ur PR approved? I also applied in Aug 2018 and its still pending
Nope not yet, I'm still waiting for it.

hashmonn

Post by hashmonn » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 4:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I think you are going to have a problem as you have managed to circumvent doing NS.
I have a lot of schoolmates who managed to get it without going to the army as well, and I'm still the first generation to apply PR in my family (if that is still applicable)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 4:55 pm

Your school mates? e.g., uni school mates? We're they sent a letter inviting them to apply for PR while they were still in Uni? If so, did you receive an invitation letter? If so, why didn't you accept it then? If not, maybe your nationality has something to do with it - this is something we can only hazard a guess on, seeing you haven't been very forthcoming on something that plays such a big part on PR (& subsequent SGC) applications.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kkv73211

Post by kkv73211 » Sun, 06 Oct 2019 10:22 am

yannnn wrote:
Mon, 08 Apr 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks!

Hi...Have you got your PR result.