Singapore Expats Forum

REP renewal pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dsci2019
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 07 Mar 2019

REP renewal pending

Postby dsci2019 » Thu, 07 Mar 2019 7:53 pm

Hi

I am a PR since 5 years. 3 days back, I applied to renew my REP and it has been pending since then. Is this common ? For my understanding, its quite instantaneous usually.

What could be a reason for pending status ?

thanks
D

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11350
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: REP renewal pending

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 07 Mar 2019 9:03 pm

Are you living in Singapore? Are you employed?

dsci2019
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 07 Mar 2019

Re: REP renewal pending

Postby dsci2019 » Thu, 07 Mar 2019 9:15 pm

Yes, I have been living in Singapore since the past 7 years (5 yrs as PR).

I am employed. I earn quite well.



So taxes, cpf, salary, residence criterion all are ok in my case.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: REP renewal pending

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 07 Mar 2019 10:30 pm

dsci2019 wrote:Yes, I have been living in Singapore since the past 7 years (5 yrs as PR).

I am employed. I earn quite well.



So taxes, cpf, salary, residence criterion all are ok in my case.


Nothing to worry then.

dsci2019
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 07 Mar 2019

Re: REP renewal pending

Postby dsci2019 » Fri, 08 Mar 2019 9:45 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
dsci2019 wrote:Yes, I have been living in Singapore since the past 7 years (5 yrs as PR).

I am employed. I earn quite well.



So taxes, cpf, salary, residence criterion all are ok in my case.


Nothing to worry then.


ok, sounds good. but not knowing why the delay happens is not a good feeling.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6043
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: REP renewal pending

Postby PNGMK » Fri, 08 Mar 2019 9:54 am

It's to do with the time of the year. The latest IR8A's are still being lodged so ICA system doesn't have your latest tax status in the auto-renew system. Hence it's probably gone to an officer for manual checking. This is all guesswork on a blackbox but I do think timing is critical. It's far better IMO to renew before the end of the calendar year rather than prior to April 15 (tax deadline date).
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

dsci2019
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 07 Mar 2019

Re: REP renewal pending

Postby dsci2019 » Fri, 08 Mar 2019 12:38 pm

Thanks for your kind words.

My REP got approved for 5 years. Took 3-4 working days. Perhaps, its the IRAS thing which you mentioned.

I am actually traveling today for Biz trip and coming back on 19th . And my REP expires on 20th. So, while it was safe, it was a weird feeling in case the processing takes long.

I suppose next time, its better to apply 1-2 months in advance. But, I used to think that REP renewal is instantaneous. But I guess, it's not.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: REP renewal pending

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 08 Mar 2019 10:49 pm

dsci2019 wrote:Thanks for your kind words.

My REP got approved for 5 years. Took 3-4 working days. Perhaps, its the IRAS thing which you mentioned.

I am actually traveling today for Biz trip and coming back on 19th . And my REP expires on 20th. So, while it was safe, it was a weird feeling in case the processing takes long.

I suppose next time, its better to apply 1-2 months in advance. But, I used to think that REP renewal is instantaneous. But I guess, it's not.


In most of the cases if you have

1. Stayed in SG continuosly for 5 years
2. Been employed for the last 5 years
3. Paid your CPF and IRAS tax

It is almost instantaneous.

Sometimes it takes time for the approval as it might need manual intervention.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests