Singapore Expats

SC rejected for 13 years PR, appeal or resubmit?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
calin313

SC rejected for 13 years PR, appeal or resubmit?

Post by calin313 » Wed, 06 Mar 2019 10:04 am

I thought SC should be easier for a PR holder over 13 years. But unfortunately my case was rejected after one years waiting.
I've been PR since 2006. I left Singapore during 2012 to 2017 due to company relocation. and I relocation back Singapore in Mar 2017. I submitted SC in 2018 with both of my kids and today I received mail from ICA saying not successful. My husband lost his PR in 2017 and now pending PR application under my sponsorship. Hence he is not in the scope for SC application. May I know what's the possible reason for my rejection. Shall I appeal or re-submit?

PR: 13 years
Salary: 7K
Working experience: 15 years under same Singapore company.
Family situation:
1)Husband lost PR in 2017, resubmit under my sponsorship, not staying Singapore
2)Daughter lost PR with his daddy, resubmit under my sponsorship, not staying Singapore
3)Son first time apply for both PR and SC, live in Singapore for one year

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: SC rejected for 13 years PR, appeal or resubmit?

Post by bro75 » Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:20 am

It could be due to
- the interruption of your stay in Singapore.
- your ethnicity/nationality
- your financial/educational/professional profile is inferior to other applicants at that time
- any or all of the above

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Mar 2019 1:14 pm

If you were gone almost 5 years from 2012 to 2017, I'd say you are lucky you are still a PR. I reckon SGC will be out of the question for several more years (at least a full re-entry permit duration spent here before they would even begin to consider it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 06 Mar 2019 4:13 pm

Honestly there are so many things wrong with your application. Even if you were a Malaysian Chinese I won’t be surprised that you were rejected.

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Wed, 06 Mar 2019 10:24 pm

I was in a similar situation as you. Was PR for 13 years, then relocated overseas for 5. Except I didnt apply after i came back - > I waited for another 4 years and made sure i have paid 4 years of taxes, before applying for SC as a family unit. and i got it.