Singapore Expats

Relocating Furniture

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
slsagan

Relocating Furniture

Post by slsagan » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 5:12 pm

Hi there everyone.

I'm new here and would like to seek advice regarding relocation out of Singapore and what to do with used furniture. We have been living in Singapore for about a year now, and have bought most of our home furniture (as we thought we'd be living here longer).

Since we'll be moving out of the country, does anyone know where I may be able to sell our used beds, dining tables, armchairs, study desk etc? They're all still in great condition with almost no - to very minimal scratches.

I have tried posting on facebook marketplace and have gotten quite good response for the smaller items, but the bigger items seem to be a little harder to sell. Would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice on this.

Thank you!

Regards,
Sharon

sheshen

Re: Relocating Furniture

Post by sheshen » Fri, 08 Mar 2019 5:20 pm

Try carousell or gumtree.
:-"

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Relocating Furniture

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 09 Mar 2019 11:03 am

Agreed with above. Also put up paper ad in your local cold storage. Honestly for these sorts of items I have seen expats give them away as they can be hard to move as most Singapore homes are over furnished already. Salvation Army will collect donations like this as well I believe. Put a link to carousell here - I may be interested in some of it.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!