Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 12:47 am
I am from Ireland and is set up for a move to Singapore within this or early next year. My employer is fantastic, but they have given me the full responsibility to sort things out myself.
So as a start I have a couple of questions.
1. Where shall I start looking for a place to stay?
2. Does Singapore have something similar to the Australian ETA https://www.eta.homeaffairs.gov.au/ETAS ... em+IBMSThe
or the Irish Esta https://www.esta.ie
for entry and stay?
3. My son is 4 years old, how is the school options for him?
Hope to get some clarification.
- Posts: 9009
- Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
- Location: Sinkapore
1. You need an employment pass (your employer or your legal entity in Singapore needs to apply for this).
2. Your 4 yo needs to go to an expensive private school (USD25,000 pa).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!
- 1 Replies
- 7609 Views
Last post by irishinsg
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 2:43 pm
- 5 Replies
- 6081 Views
Last post by 3carlos
Fri, 17 May 2019 1:30 am
- 12 Replies
- 4514 Views
Last post by Wong_Jnr
Tue, 07 May 2019 9:33 am
- 4 Replies
- 7722 Views
Last post by Lisafuller
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 2:16 am
- 7 Replies
- 2666 Views
Last post by PNGMK
Wed, 27 Nov 2019 8:08 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests