Singapore Expats Forum

North indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Anamika

North indian friends

Postby Anamika » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 1:31 pm

Hi,
I am looking for North Indian families in the HDB blocks just opposite to Golden Village Yisshun. I have a kid of 18 Months who feels very bored at home because I don't met any indian family here till yet.

guest1212

Postby guest1212 » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:24 pm

i lived in Blk-203 . where we can meet?

bhyu

Postby bhyu » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:09 am

hi anamika/guest/whats rent for HDB 2B flat? how much is deposit?
thanks

anamika

Postby anamika » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 1:11 pm

i am paying S$900 / 2B/ Full furnished

bhyu

Postby bhyu » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 7:11 pm

thanks anamika-how much deposit?do we sign minimum 1yr lease?

anamika

Postby anamika » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:30 pm

Three months deposit + 1 year contract

bhyu

Postby bhyu » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 1:57 am

thanks anamika.

Anirban

Hi

Postby Anirban » Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:13 pm

Hi, this is Anirban here from Germany. Currently, I have got a postdoctoral position at National University of Singapore. So, I need some help from U guys.

(1) Living cost in Singapore.
(2) Where I can find the appartments (e.g., 1 bed room, 1 living room, kitchen and bathroom). Not very expensive area.
(3) As my wife will come along with me as a dependent visa, is she allowed to work? Do u guys have any idea? Though she is pursuing her PhD degree over here in Germany.

Please e-mail me to the following address:

anirban_b77@rediffmail.com

Thanks.

Yogs

Shifting from Middle East

Postby Yogs » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:07 am

Hi All,
Planning to shift from Middle East to Singapore shortly, Lot of anxiety and questions please advice on the following
7K per month ok for a family with 2 under 6 years kids, without anyother benefits.
Where do i go for 2BR furnished apts, if thw work place is on KIM KEAT RD.
What about Indian Schools and monthly groceries, transport, medical etc.

Re: Shifting from Middle East

Postby Guest » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 9:27 am

Yogs wrote:Hi All,
Planning to shift from Middle East to Singapore shortly, Lot of anxiety and questions please advice on the following
7K per month ok for a family with 2 under 6 years kids, without anyother benefits.
Where do i go for 2BR furnished apts, if thw work place is on KIM KEAT RD.
What about Indian Schools and monthly groceries, transport, medical etc.

Yogs,

You may wish to look at District 12 (Balestier, Kim Keat). Where's the Indian school by the way?

:roll:

Postby Guest » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:39 am

So many of you are just interested in yourselves - asking more questions, but providing few answers.

What's wrong with litte Sanjay, or whatever, palying with non-north-indian kids?

Please stay away from Sinagpore if you are only going to form your own little ghettos.

welcome

Postby welcome » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:08 pm

:)

Just ignore the trolls on this board

Here are a few links that might be helpful:

Bhavan's Indian International School (http://www.biissingapore.org/)

Delhi Public School (http://www.dps.com.sg/)

Contact Singapore (http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg/)

Indian

Postby Indian » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 4:12 pm

::::: What's wrong with litte Sanjay, or whatever, palying with non-north-indian kids?

First of all one must know one basic thing that, there is a great Language & Cultural difference between so called North Indians & Non-north Indians. And by nature people like to get along/mixup with similar people.
There is nothing wrong for some one looking for family/people who speak/understand the a particular language & similar culture.

anamika

Postby anamika » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:48 pm

Yes,
u r very right. Though I have few indian friends here . They r very nice peoples. But this is also a fact that every one always looks for the people who can talk in their mother tonugue. I am from Hindi speaking region of india and don't know the Tamil and Telgu.

Indian

Postby Indian » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:11 am

Anamika if you like you can communicate with my family when they will come here. Can drop me email at pinkus@miw.com.sg so that we can contact you.