Singapore Expats

Eco-friendly & Ethical Consumption

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
My_Hoang

Eco-friendly & Ethical Consumption

Post by My_Hoang » Sat, 23 Feb 2019 11:31 am

Dear Singapore Expats Users,

This is a survey on the attitudes towards eco-friendly and ethical consumption. Your responses are helpful to us and future research to develop new interventions dealing with environmental issues. The survey will only take less than 8 minutes of your times. We are appreciated and honoured to know your opinion about this topic.

***Link to the survey: https://jcus.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form ... uw6Pw5qu8t

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Eco-friendly & Ethical Consumption

Post by The Ref » Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:52 am

I did the survey, but found it difficult. I wont buy straws at all, they are not needed but the survey requires me to buy them. Same with bags - I will take my own and not use plastic. The fruit was all covered in plastic - I buy the ones with the least packaging. I buy large containers and refill packs where possible, so basically across most of the options I was given my actual answer woud be neither.

Then there is the question "I choose to purchase products that contribute least environmental damage" - the "good" options in the survey are often organic which comes with far too much packaging.
If I was given the option (a) normal shampoo, (b) eco friendly shampoo, or (c) shampoo bars I would go with (c), but those options are not there. I also look at the originating country. So when it comes to "I choose sustainable ..." my answer seems at odds with the other responses.

My_Hoang

Post by My_Hoang » Sat, 02 Mar 2019 12:47 pm

Thank you for your comment on the survey. We found our survey having numbers of confounding variables and your comment will help us to improve the future projects.

With appreciation,
My

LeamM

Post by LeamM » Sun, 03 Mar 2019 11:35 pm

Those surveys ride on the fear or concern for the environment.

But be assured people that train already left the train station. Global Warming is unstoppable. Its too little and too late to turn to E-Cars, Stop eating meat and more. If Global population died tomorrow (hypothetically) temps would still keep rising for 15 to 20 years.