Singapore Expats

Switching White Rice to Quinoa

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
audrey_

Switching White Rice to Quinoa

Post by audrey_ » Thu, 21 Feb 2019 1:40 pm

Anyone tried switching white rice to quinoa? I've read up about it and there are a lot of benefits and would like to change it for my family too.

Any tips to make them like it? Appreciate it loads!

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Re: Switching White Rice to Quinoa

Post by archcherub » Tue, 07 May 2019 3:12 pm

me! i been adding chia seeds to my drinks, and quinoa for my meals.

cook it well and it gets fluffy. to be honest i like quinoa a lot more than chiaseed.
though for those asian dishes like curries and gravies, quinoa is not as tasty as rice.

but on its own, i feel quinoa can be delicious. u can try different vary amount of water to cook with quinoa to get the desired fluffiness for your family.

u can get quinoa in cold storage or just google quinoa online. i bought from a specialty blogger that give recipes for quinoa dishes too

audrey_

Post by audrey_ » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 11:53 am

Ah thanks! I actually switched to quinoa and I've been loving the effects of it. Ah I think we bought from a similar place? Superlife Co.? I really love the taste and texture from them.

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 1:03 pm

Any real life testimonials on using quinola? Google tells me it is one of the best things in the universe, just like everytihing else I google

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 11 Dec 2020 11:17 pm

Quinoa is distinctly different from rice in terms of taste and texture, so don’t go into this expecting it to be an identical but healthier substitute, you will be sorely disappointed.