Singapore Expats Forum

Switching White Rice to Quinoa

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
audrey_

Switching White Rice to Quinoa

Post by audrey_ » Thu, 21 Feb 2019 1:40 pm

Anyone tried switching white rice to quinoa? I've read up about it and there are a lot of benefits and would like to change it for my family too.

Any tips to make them like it? Appreciate it loads!

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Re: Switching White Rice to Quinoa

Post by archcherub » Tue, 07 May 2019 3:12 pm

me! i been adding chia seeds to my drinks, and quinoa for my meals.

cook it well and it gets fluffy. to be honest i like quinoa a lot more than chiaseed.
though for those asian dishes like curries and gravies, quinoa is not as tasty as rice.

but on its own, i feel quinoa can be delicious. u can try different vary amount of water to cook with quinoa to get the desired fluffiness for your family.

u can get quinoa in cold storage or just google quinoa online. i bought from a specialty blogger that give recipes for quinoa dishes too

audrey_

Post by audrey_ » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 11:53 am

Ah thanks! I actually switched to quinoa and I've been loving the effects of it. Ah I think we bought from a similar place? Superlife Co.? I really love the taste and texture from them.

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 1:03 pm

Any real life testimonials on using quinola? Google tells me it is one of the best things in the universe, just like everytihing else I google