Singapore Expats

The Eagles are going to land on the 8th of March

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: The Eagles are going to land on the 8th of March

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 29 Sep 2019 1:33 am

tiktok wrote:
Sun, 29 Sep 2019 12:21 am
So everyone is invited? Are we all "Eagles"? Last two posts contradict each other. If it's a moderators only meeting, why not create subforum that only moderators can access?
Who, besides you, said this is a moderators only meeting? You seem to be a rather truculent sort of chap. Any chance I previously banned you under another handle for bad behavior?

PS: We do have a forum for moderators only.

PPS: "The Eagles are going to land..." has nothing to do with my handle, and everything to do with the first US lunar lander touching down on the moon. "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." "Eagle" was the name of that first lunar lander.

At the risk of further offending you by explaining the meaning to you, the title of this post is a play on words, paying tribute to the idea that a face to face meeting of forum regulars is a momentous occasion.

So... come on out to the next one. No one will give a shit if you want to be pedantic, abrasive, or simply a pain in the ass, although I cannot guarantee that those present won't simply move to another table.

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Sun, 29 Sep 2019 8:51 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Sun, 29 Sep 2019 1:33 am
Who, besides you, said this is a moderators only meeting?
It's what I understood from SMS's post:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 28 Sep 2019 6:06 pm
The Moderators have been having our invitation only gatherings as to avoid any misunderstandings as often happens in a meet & greet. We discuss among ourselves who we would like to come.
But it's easy to misunderstand on the internet.
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 30 Sep 2019 12:49 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Sun, 29 Sep 2019 1:33 am
tiktok wrote:
Sun, 29 Sep 2019 12:21 am
So everyone is invited? Are we all "Eagles"? Last two posts contradict each other. If it's a moderators only meeting, why not create subforum that only moderators can access?
Who, besides you, said this is a moderators only meeting? You seem to be a rather truculent sort of chap. Any chance I previously banned you under another handle for bad behavior?

PS: We do have a forum for moderators only.

PPS: "The Eagles are going to land..." has nothing to do with my handle, and everything to do with the first US lunar lander touching down on the moon. "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." "Eagle" was the name of that first lunar lander.

At the risk of further offending you by explaining the meaning to you, the title of this post is a play on words, paying tribute to the idea that a face to face meeting of forum regulars is a momentous occasion.

So... come on out to the next one. No one will give a shit if you want to be pedantic, abrasive, or simply a pain in the ass, although I cannot guarantee that those present won't simply move to another table.
If I may interrupt. It's not a moderators meeting but a moderator's run meeting. Hence I've always viewed it as a meeting set up by a mod (SMS) and the folks he lists are welcome. If I were not on the list and I wanted to go it would be impolite to attend without asking (and of course being in a public place it would be possible to show up and gate crash but that is just rude). I think it's SMS's prerogative here with all due respect SE.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Mon, 30 Sep 2019 1:10 pm

Thanks, definitely it would be impolite for me to show up. But then again, the mods are not exactly a shining example of politeness.
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 30 Sep 2019 1:13 pm

tiktok wrote:
Mon, 30 Sep 2019 1:10 pm
Thanks, definitely it would be impolite for me to show up. But then again, the mods are not exactly a shining example of politeness.
Actually in the 13 years I've been here or so I've never seen anything I'd call impolite. They do get annoyed but running a forum is not fun IME.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!