Singapore Expats

Plant cuttings from street

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
apekshamehta27

Plant cuttings from street

Post by apekshamehta27 » Sun, 17 Feb 2019 6:22 pm

Hi, this is my first time here. I have recently shifted to Singapore. I love plants espywith big leaves. I saw a small plant with a beautiful pattern on road side near where I stay. Is it ok to cut a part of it for propagation. It's not private home owners property. It's near a condo.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

x9200

Re: Plant cuttings from street

Post by x9200 » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 6:13 pm

apekshamehta27 wrote:Hi, this is my first time here. I have recently shifted to Singapore. I love plants espywith big leaves. I saw a small plant with a beautiful pattern on road side near where I stay. Is it ok to cut a part of it for propagation. It's not private home owners property. It's near a condo.

I wouldn't do that. The fact it's not within a private property doesn't mean it is free to cut and I've never seen people doing anything like this.

Why don't you go to one of these nurseries (plenty around) and find this plant over there? Small local plants will cost you a few dollars only.

apekshamehta27

Re: Plant cuttings from street

Post by apekshamehta27 » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 6:40 pm

x9200 wrote:
apekshamehta27 wrote:Hi, this is my first time here. I have recently shifted to Singapore. I love plants espywith big leaves. I saw a small plant with a beautiful pattern on road side near where I stay. Is it ok to cut a part of it for propagation. It's not private home owners property. It's near a condo.

I wouldn't do that. The fact it's not within a private property doesn't mean it is free to cut and I've never seen people doing anything like this.

Why don't you go to one of these nurseries (plenty around) and find this plant over there? Small local plants will cost you a few dollars only.
Ok. Will do so