Singapore Expats

Police report made against me, can I apply for Student Pass again?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jennychadaphet

Police report made against me, can I apply for Student Pass again?

Post by jennychadaphet » Sun, 17 Feb 2019 6:00 pm

Dear forum

I am a foreign student who completes her studies in Singapore since primary school.
My stepfather is a Singapore citizen and my mom is a pr. I enrolled in a private school to complete my bachelor degree and was supposed to graduate this march but the uni sent me an email, saying I lacked 1 credit point. At that time, the private school asked me to cancel my student pass because I did not enroll in any module. But I wanted to wait until my result come out so I did not cancel in Dec. I did not know that private school did not allow me to carry the student pass till the expiry date. I found out after I went to the ICA and asked.

The private school made a police report against me, I think it's for a missing person because the officer told me so. Now, that I had canceled my student pass, with a police report against me, can I still try to apply for the student pass again to complete my last module in Singapore which is only for 3-4 months.
The private school kept telling me that I cannot resume my studies here because of the police report but I did not commit any crime. My parents also live here.

I tried emailing ICA to ask but they did not have me a definite answer. Please help me. Thank you.
I am so frustrated and sad.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Police report made against me, can I apply for Student Pass again?

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 18 Feb 2019 9:35 am

In my opinion you should engage a solicitor to speak with the school. It appears to me what what they have done is possibly fraudulent and possible in breach of contract. Get your family to pay for the solicitor. There are serious penalties now for foreign schools if they don't follow a code of conduct and they risk de-registration from Edu-trust etc.

Also see if you can do the final unit "remotely" or "externally" or online.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

jennychadaphet

Post by jennychadaphet » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:16 am

Thank you for your reply. I also contract CPE for a second opinion and waiting to hear from them. The school told me to go directly to the university (which is in Australia) to complete that 1 module. I am also asking if I can complete it online as well. Thank you for your recommendation. Cheers.

Mariskekk

Post by Mariskekk » Sun, 28 Jul 2019 11:45 pm

I also have the same situation like yours and I would like to know what is your outcome when you apply Student Pass again? If you don't mind may I know which University you are attending?