Singapore Expats

Chances of PR

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
nair888

Chances of PR

Post by nair888 » Sat, 16 Feb 2019 9:14 pm

I am an Indian national. I have living and working in Singapore since 2011. I have changed job twice (worked in last 2 companies for more than 3 years), However, there was no gap between the job changes. Currently I am on S Pass, working in an Insurance company. My wife and I have law degree and my wife has did her masters degree from NUS. We are in our early 30's (I am 32 and my wife is 30). Ever since we got married, my wife has been travelling between India and Singapore (on social visit pass, until she joined NUS). We applied for PR twice and it got rejected. My wife is currently not working. My annual salary is in the region of 50k. For more than a year I have been engaged in various community activities (ever since I came across the website giving.sg. I have no intention to mention about this in my PR application). Kindly let me know our chances of getting PR. Thank you all for your valuable time.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Chances of PR

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 16 Feb 2019 9:41 pm

On the surface, I'd have to say not a chance. I have a problem if you have a law degree and you have been here 7 or 8 years with 3 employers and are still only making 4.2K/mo. Something just doesn't gell.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nair888

Re: Chances of PR

Post by nair888 » Sun, 17 Feb 2019 12:25 am

Thank you sundaymorningstaple. Dear moderator, kindly delete this post.