Singapore Expats

My PR Application status shows withdrawn

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
GHV

My PR Application status shows withdrawn

Post by GHV » Tue, 05 Feb 2019 11:37 pm

My PR application status in online changed from Pending to Withdrawn yesterday.

What exactly this staus mean ,does anyone come across such situation ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: My PR Application status shows withdrawn

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Feb 2019 11:53 pm

How long since it was filed by your sponsor? If only a short time, e.g., a month or two, If you don't know then it means your potential employer has decided they do not want or need you after all. It sucks that they couldn't tell you but if it was a local employer it doesn't surprise me.

If it's been 6 months, then you might have thrown it away, changed addresses or given them an incorrect address (e.g., transposing a number in the zipcode, etc.). You can try calling them or your potential sponsor.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

GHV

Post by GHV » Tue, 05 Feb 2019 11:58 pm

This is not true, I work in Global bank ..I had submitted my PR application 7 months backs and it was changed to Withdrawn from pending yesterday.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 12:51 am

Then, as I said, call the employer and/or MOM and ask. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 12:31 pm

Wait...PR can be sponsored by your employer? :???:

GHV

Post by GHV » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 12:42 pm

No employer doesn’t sponsor PR , they just provide a supporting document on the employment status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 2:01 pm

My bad. My blain on holiday as it's CNY. I read EP. Withdrawn PR application? I'm assuming you are applying under the PTS scheme or is your spouse a SG Citizen and you are applying under the Family Ties scheme? If it's withdrawn but not by you, definitely a call or visit to ICA is in order if you didn't withdraw it. Unless of course, they have found something in your background/history that doesn't ring true. However, working for a global bank I'm pretty sure their vetting processes would have already uncovered anything unpleasant. Contact ICA.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 2:05 pm

Could be a glitch in their systems as well. After all, there have been several data breaches in the vaunted security of the Singapore government's networks this past year.

GHV

Post by GHV » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 2:51 pm

If something in my background doesn’t match , status should have been straight Rejection instead of Withdrawn.

Is the withdrawn status is positive or negative? Are they looking for some extra documents?

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 3:05 pm

GHV wrote:If something in my background doesn’t match , status should have been straight Rejection instead of Withdrawn.

Is the withdrawn status is positive or negative? Are they looking for some extra documents?

Withdrawn status is not normal unless you yourself withdrawn the application (which I’m assuming you didn’t).

Could be a glitch. Can’t really help you here. As SMS said, call or visit ICA.

Most likely a glitch as another poster recently also commented his status as withdrawn.

Do give us an update when you find out what happened to your application

KK_G

Post by KK_G » Sat, 09 Feb 2019 10:42 am

Hi. In my case, ICA never replied to me on my inquiry but the status is back to Pending now.
No one requested me to do this but I sent ICA my renewed EP's copy via postal & email since the old one expired last December and I just guessed that this is the reason why my PR application got withdrawn.
I also enclosed the payslips for the last 6 months as they show higher salary than the ones I submitted 21 months ago at the counter. Also I enclosed 2 new certifications I obtained (six sigma, PMP kind of).
I don't know if this worked out, but now the status is back to Pending.

Tapatalk を使用して私の VKY-L29 から送信

clavie

Post by clavie » Thu, 26 Sep 2019 12:35 pm

@KK_G what's the progress on your application following that incident?