Singapore Expats Forum

Braces and its costs.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Tempted

Postby Tempted » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 11:30 pm

Anyone has done braces or is doing now? Roughly how much is the cost for those ceramic brackets one? I've heard that putting on braces during pregnancy may cause your teeth to be more prone to dropping coz your foetus will "absorb" the calcium in your body. The depletion og calcium may cause you to lose your teeth. Any truth in this?

Brace for this

Postby Brace for this » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 3:07 pm

Anything upwards of 2-3k by a decent orthodontist. More if the shape of your jaw is unusal. Nothing heard about the effect on teeth of a pregnant mum. That's a new one. Better to ask the ortho him/herself
:;):

luckycat

Postby luckycat » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 9:34 pm

I wore braces for two years ago, it was rather painful for the first months but after a while, I got used to the pain, - money well spent. Smile is prettier than before!

However, I think it will not be advisable to do so when you are pregnant..during tightening, you cannot eat certain solid food, so not sooo good... :)

Yeah, total cost s abt 2-4k depending on the type of braces you have.

Just rememebr you might need to do extraction of some teeth to make way for movements, and retainers for another 1 yr or so, depending on condition.

No harm asking an orthodontist for advice.

optikphyber

Postby optikphyber » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 2:33 am

heeh i think females with braces look really cute. *gRinz* :D
The Tool is Nothing Without The Skilled Workman

Girl or Braces

Postby Girl or Braces » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:33 pm

Is it the girl or the braces that is a turn on? :p

Postby Guest » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 4:29 pm

luckycat wrote:I wore braces for two years ago, it was rather painful for the first months but after a while, I got used to the pain, - money well spent. Smile is prettier than before!

However, I think it will not be advisable to do so when you are pregnant..during tightening, you cannot eat certain solid food, so not sooo good... :)

Yeah, total cost s abt 2-4k depending on the type of braces you have.

Just rememebr you might need to do extraction of some teeth to make way for movements, and retainers for another 1 yr or so, depending on condition.

No harm asking an orthodontist for advice.
where do u have your braces put on