Singapore Expats

PR Application Withdrawn without knowing

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
KK_G

PR Application Withdrawn without knowing

Post by KK_G » Wed, 30 Jan 2019 3:51 am

Hi all,
Recently I happened to know that my PR application status has turned Withdrawn.
I think it's been this strange status for about a month as it was Pending when I checked before Xmas.
I never withdrew it by myself and I have never received any contact from ICA on my PR application so I don't think I ignored their contacts.
I have been waiting for the result for 20+ months and now it is withdrawn. What a shock.
I inquired ICA on this from the web form but have not yet received their reply.
While I am waiting for their reply, can I ask you to share your thoughts on what could make the status withdrawn? Only one thing I can guess is perhaps because my EP was renewed? I renewed my EP with the same FIN number and the same employer last November. When I submitted the PR application, my EP's expiry date at that time was 26 December 2018. Do you think that's why? Should I have updated ICA with the renewed EP with the new expiry date? Thanks!

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: PR Application Withdrawn without knowing

Post by bro75 » Wed, 30 Jan 2019 9:07 am

Have you ever changed residences during the duration of your application? If yes, it could be possible that you have missed some correspondence from ICA. For some applicants, ICA has required them to provide additional information (e.g. parents information). Non submission of this information after some time is considered as withdrawal of application.

KK_G

Post by KK_G » Wed, 30 Jan 2019 9:50 am

bro75 wrote:Have you ever changed residences during the duration of your application? If yes, it could be possible that you have missed some correspondence from ICA. For some applicants, ICA has required them to provide additional information (e.g. parents information). Non submission of this information after some time is considered as withdrawal of application.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I have not changed residences and have never received any contacts fom ICA.
I called them today but unfortunatelly I could not get the answer on the spot for the reason they provided (data access authority related). So I am still waiting for their contact with the answer. I was told that they would contact me tomorrow onwards.

I am wondering if anyone else experienced the same and what the conclusion was.

Having slepless nigh (T_T)

Tapatalk を使用して私の VKY-L29 から送信

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 31 Jan 2019 2:08 pm

Maybe the mailman threw your letter in the garbage :o

But in all honesty I don’t think anyone here can help you. If I were you I’d go down to ICA to check with them.

GHV

Post by GHV » Tue, 05 Feb 2019 11:49 pm

@KK_G any progress on your status , have you got chnce to talk to ICA ..what is the reponse from them ?

KK_G

Post by KK_G » Sat, 09 Feb 2019 10:43 am

Hi. They never replied to me but the status is back to Pending now.
No one requested me to do this but I sent ICA my renewed EP's copy via postal & email since the old one expired last December and I just guessed that this is the reason why my PR application got withdrawn. I also enclosed the payslips for the last 6 months as they show higher salary than the ones I submitted 21 months ago at the counter. Also I enclosed 2 new certifications I obtained (six sigma, PMP kind of). I don't know if this worked, but now the status is back to Pending.

Tapatalk を使用して私の VKY-L29 から送信