Singapore Expats

LOC pending - NEED Inputs from Other Agencies

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
mrehman

LOC pending - NEED Inputs from Other Agencies

Post by mrehman » Sat, 26 Jan 2019 9:13 pm

Hi,

I am a Spouse of SC - My wife has been living here for last 20 years and she is working. We applied for LTVP without the pre-marriage assessment and It got approved after 4 months form the date of application.

Now I got a job offer of SGD3200 and company applied for LOC - after 2 days the LOC status changed from Pending to "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

My question is what are they exactly checking? I am a Pakistani citizen and done my degree from Australia and worked in Dubai for 1.5 years. I think that the LOC takes only 1 week to get approved.

My 2nd question is - I was granted LTVP on 15 Jan 2019 and there was a thing on MOM website that says PRE LOC for new and renewals of LTVP application. Is there is some place where I can check that I was given this PRE LOC?

Please share If anyone has experienced the same and inputs from experts.

Thank you in advance

srsayakroy

Re: LOC pending - NEED Inputs from Other Agencies

Post by srsayakroy » Fri, 17 May 2019 7:14 pm

Did you get your LOC? How long it took finally? My wife’s is still pending

asaduzzaman.seri

Post by asaduzzaman.seri » Fri, 30 Oct 2020 7:00 pm

Hi Mrehman, I am facing same issue, How long its take to get your LOC?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 11:49 am

mrehman wrote:
Sat, 26 Jan 2019 9:13 pm
Hi,

I am a Spouse of SC - My wife has been living here for last 20 years and she is working. We applied for LTVP without the pre-marriage assessment and It got approved after 4 months form the date of application.

Now I got a job offer of SGD3200 and company applied for LOC - after 2 days the LOC status changed from Pending to "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

My question is what are they exactly checking? I am a Pakistani citizen and done my degree from Australia and worked in Dubai for 1.5 years. I think that the LOC takes only 1 week to get approved.

My 2nd question is - I was granted LTVP on 15 Jan 2019 and there was a thing on MOM website that says PRE LOC for new and renewals of LTVP application. Is there is some place where I can check that I was given this PRE LOC?

Please share If anyone has experienced the same and inputs from experts.

Thank you in advance
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Maybe you shouldn't think? If they tell you up to 4 weeks, why do you think that means one week? How long is a piece of string? It will be ready when it is ready.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

manoraaju

Post by manoraaju » Mon, 09 Nov 2020 3:21 pm

Hello,

First time posting here. You can apply for PLOC during your application of LTVP. Once you get LTVP, it will take about one week to get PLOC.

My wife got it like last month.

Vankat

Post by Vankat » Tue, 10 Nov 2020 12:49 pm

Hi,

My situation is a bit different. Desperate to look for answers.
I am currently holding LTVP on my own (graduated from local university seeking employment in Singapore), and I am about to marry a Singaporean Citizen. In this case, will I be granted Preapproved Letter of Consent? How can I get it since I already have a LTVP rather than going to apply or renew one?

Many thanks!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 10 Nov 2020 1:50 pm

Vankat wrote:
Tue, 10 Nov 2020 12:49 pm
How can I get it since I already have a LTVP rather than going to apply or renew one?
The MOM website does make it sound like you can only get it when you apply or renew it.

When eligible foreigners apply for, or renew their LTVP/LTVP+ with ICA, they will be given an option to apply for a PLOC at the same time.
The next option would be asking any potential employer to apply for LOC until you can renew your LTVP.

Vankat

Post by Vankat » Sat, 14 Nov 2020 11:44 am

Yes, that's how I felt about the MOM website.
Thank you for your inputs, MOCHS. :)