Singapore Expats

Foreigner Setting Up Singapore Company

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Foreigner Setting Up Singapore Company

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:04 pm

I received this post in PM's. Will respond shortly. Others please chime in and help this person.

Hi Strong Eagle,

I have been following your posts for some time and would really appreciate if you could spare a few minutes to look into my issue.

It would be great if I could tap your experience since you seem to have been active in a similar field/ set-up in Singapore in the past.

I am a management/ financial systems consultant recently relocated from Europe for my wife's job. I am on a DP right now, but have just accepted a job here in Singapore starting in February. I have worked as a freelance consultant in the past, and was just offered a new contract in Europe but unfortunately would have to invoice a Singaporean company as a subcontractor (working mostly remotely from Singapore). It seems the pipeline from them could be quite strong, so I am thinking about setting up a Ltd company here and get my work visa through this instead of continuing with the local job.

I could secure about SGD 200k for the first 6 months, and have a track record for about the same in the past in Europe.

You mentioned before that there are companies offering the service of a Singaporean director (and possibly give a hand with the work visa application?).

Do you know of any reputable companies in this field? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Kind Regards,

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Foreigner Setting Up Singapore Company

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 26 Jan 2019 12:53 pm

I know a CPA who specalises in this area. Send me a PM.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!