Singapore Expats

New Employment Pass Application for new employer but cannot proceed due to Renewal of Current Employment Pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
hrvy18

New Employment Pass Application for new employer but cannot proceed due to Renewal of Current Employment Pass

Post by hrvy18 » Fri, 25 Jan 2019 9:23 pm

Hi,

I am currently an S-Pass holder. I recently got a new job offer from this new employer. When my new employer applied for my employment pass, the HR was unable to move forward with the application because a current application was being processed. To make the long story short, my current employer renewed for my Pass, without informing me, and my new employer is unable to process my application due to this.

Now my questions:
1. How long will it take for my current pass to be renewed?;
2. Is there anyway my current employer delay the process of renewal of my pass? Once my pass has been processed by MOM (Ministry of Manpower), is there any additional steps needed to be taken by my current employer or by me for my pass to be completely renewed? (see note below)
3. Once the renewal has been approved by the MOM, can my new employer straight away apply for a new employment pass?

Note: I don't want to inform my current employer yet that I have already found a new employer. and I cannot ask my current employer to cancel the renewal process, as this will give them an idea that I am actively seeking or have accepted a new job offer for a new employer.

Your help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mary2018

Re: New Employment Pass Application for new employer but cannot proceed due to Renewal of Current Employment Pass

Post by Mary2018 » Thu, 21 Mar 2019 9:30 am

I also get same problem,I would like to know whether my new employer can straight away apply my spass or not if current renewal outcome is approved.
does the new employer need to wait till card issued in current one ?
if someone know,kindly pls.

JK_JK

Re: New Employment Pass Application for new employer but cannot proceed due to Renewal of Current Employment Pass

Post by JK_JK » Wed, 17 Mar 2021 3:49 pm

Mary2018 wrote:
Thu, 21 Mar 2019 9:30 am
I also get same problem,I would like to know whether my new employer can straight away apply my spass or not if current renewal outcome is approved.
does the new employer need to wait till card issued in current one ?
if someone know,kindly pls.
Until your current employer issue your pass you can’t apply for nee pass. Even though the pass status is Approved, the application is open until it is issued.2 applications can’t be processed at the same time.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 6:23 pm

This might already be a little late but...
I went through the same thing.

I waited out the renewal of my pass (it took less than 2 weeks to get approved). I'm sure your new employer can wait for two weeks to apply for your EP.

Make sure your current HR issue your pass as soon as it gets renewed (no need to wait for the physical card, it will just be delivered to you) so your new employer can straightway apply for your new EP.

Hope it all worked out for you.
hrvy18 wrote:
Fri, 25 Jan 2019 9:23 pm
Hi,

I am currently an S-Pass holder. I recently got a new job offer from this new employer. When my new employer applied for my employment pass, the HR was unable to move forward with the application because a current application was being processed. To make the long story short, my current employer renewed for my Pass, without informing me, and my new employer is unable to process my application due to this.

Now my questions:
1. How long will it take for my current pass to be renewed?;
2. Is there anyway my current employer delay the process of renewal of my pass? Once my pass has been processed by MOM (Ministry of Manpower), is there any additional steps needed to be taken by my current employer or by me for my pass to be completely renewed? (see note below)
3. Once the renewal has been approved by the MOM, can my new employer straight away apply for a new employment pass?

Note: I don't want to inform my current employer yet that I have already found a new employer. and I cannot ask my current employer to cancel the renewal process, as this will give them an idea that I am actively seeking or have accepted a new job offer for a new employer.

Your help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.