Singapore PR enquires

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 6:22 pm

Singapore PR enquires

Post by tykcuber » Thu, 24 Jan 2019 6:24 pm

I am a 16 year old Singapore PR working and my employer asked me for my entry permit which I believe he needs to determine my cpf rate. However,I do not seem to have a entry permit since I was born in singapore although I have the re-entry permit. If not he cannot pay me.. I already contacted emailed ICA and need wait a few days. Called them, not available. Meanwhile, I'm seeking any form of help. Thanks

Posts: 45
Joined: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 2:44 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Singapore PR enquires

Post by niceit198 » Fri, 25 Jan 2019 3:09 pm

all singapore pr will has re-entry permit during collection of your pr status, if u missing it u cant get the copy , they only will get u a letter stating something i forget if not wrong that will cost u too.

Posts: 30
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Singapore PR enquires

Post by chinnyreckon » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 7:18 am

Seems strange to me.
I have worked for 5 different companies since obtaining PR and they have never asked for my Entry Permit. I don't think I have even been asked to show my Re-Entry permit either - just the Blue NRIC.

And I have not been working for nothing!

User avatar
Posts: 38757
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Singapore PR enquires

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 9:54 am

The Blue NRIC will show the date of issue. However, as he probably did not receive his blue NRIC until he was 14, the date of issue might well not be over 2 years old even if his PR is. If it is, the HR of the company ought to be reprimanded as the CPF contributions are only reduced during the 1st 2 years of PR. Once his PR is over two years since the date of issue, then it should be full rated contributions anyway. But it's my guess the HR is clueless.

However, he can always call up or visit ICA and request a new/replacement entry permit or letter giving the information required by any HR minion.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests