Singapore Expats

Got my IPA letter while LTVP is still under process. What now?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Moe85

Got my IPA letter while LTVP is still under process. What now?

Post by Moe85 » Wed, 23 Jan 2019 1:00 pm

Hi all.

So I'm here in Singapore accompanying my wife, who is a scholar already with a TEP. I've got a scholarship myself but won't start until next July at the earliest (my scholarship papers from my home country aren't even finalized yet), so I applied for a LTVP.

While the ICA officer at the time of application *did* inform me that my employer already applied for a TEP under my passport, they said that I can surrender the LTVP once I'm issued the TEP. The problem is that I received my IPA for the TEP from the MOM in my email today, FIN and all.

What now? Do I have to cancel my LTVP application? Or could I just receive the LTVP then wait until I apply for the actual TEP card from the MOM? (I know that I'll be issued a 30-day STVP upon LTVP surrender. I'm planning to go back anyway for a couple weeks before starting, then re-enter with the IPA's single entry)
Also, will the LTVP have a different FIN from the one in the IPA? If no, will this be an issue when I cancel it? As I understand it, the MOM issues the IPA only once.