Singapore Expats

I am looking for an effective image search tool

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
itsmewhiteney

I am looking for an effective image search tool

Post by itsmewhiteney » Mon, 21 Jan 2019 4:02 pm

I am looking for an effective image search tool, I want to find out where my pictures are used, it should be able to track them in social networks and dating sites.

The google image search and tinEye were not effective.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: I am looking for an effective image search tool

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Jan 2019 4:10 pm

Maybe the software was not effective or you were not attractive. Who knows. Maybe it didn't find any because there were none to be found? Did you hide one somewhere as a beacon before trying the programs to see if they could/would pick 'em up?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 16 Jun 2019 12:21 am

itsmewhiteney wrote:I am looking for an effective image search tool, I want to find out where my pictures are used, it should be able to track them in social networks and dating sites.

The google image search and tinEye were not effective.
Good luck with that. Image recognition is not a precise science. Cropping your images, changing resolution, and other changes mean that each image that is still yours is different.

Second, you are asking for an image processing tool that has more power than Google, and that just doesn't exist. No one touches as many web pages as Google does, and if someone has better image recognition software, Google hasn't bought it.

Internet search bots are called spyders for a reason: The follow the links in the web to get from page to page. If a page isn't indexed or requires a password to access it, no search engine will touch it.

Fact is, any pics you have put out onto the internet are long gone. For the future, you can attempt to watermark your images so that watermarking software can find your photos. And it's still limited by the ability to search and index the web.

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Post by archcherub » Mon, 17 Jun 2019 3:34 pm

itsmewhiteney wrote: The google image search and tinEye were not effective.
i am surprised by this.
Google image search works very effectively for me....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Jun 2019 4:25 pm

It's because he's a scammer from either the 'peens or from India (ISP from the 'peens but the app that was there was from India.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers