Singapore Expats

PR pending, but switching to a new job

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
llewellync88

PR pending, but switching to a new job

Post by llewellync88 » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 5:40 pm

Help my friend to ask....
anyone have this issue before during apply Singapore PR?

He is about to switching job while waiting for his PR result, and the new company is going to apply EP today, but his Embarkation pass is expire on friday.

so he need to leave Singapore on that day.

Do he need to inform ICA quicky or wait his EP get approve first? because he worried that if he leave Singapore, at the same time ICA will terminate his PR application straight after he pass the Embarkation paper to the custom officer.
l

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR pending, but switching to a new job

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 9:21 pm

He should have used common sense, sadly he doesn't have any and now maybe will, if lucky, get caught between a rock and a hard place.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 10:27 pm

Is his new job going to be Planning Director?

M&M24

Post by M&M24 » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 12:06 pm

Hi,

I had a similar situation. I had moved jobs in between my PR application. So my EP from the first place was cancelled and I wanted to take a break before joining the new job, so I went for a month long holiday while the new IPA was issued. Then I entered on the new IPA. However, before exiting Singapore, I wrote to ICA about my situation. They asked me to send a copy of my new offer letter with the compensation also that the new company send over the new form annex 4a which the new company helped me with. I submitted both to ICA before exiting Singapore. They accepted and acknowledged all the new documents and asked me to send the IPA/EP as soon as possible. I did that too and it’s all been well. My application Is still pending. It’s been 13 months. So far so good.

Dennis Cooper

Post by Dennis Cooper » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 2:15 pm

Dear M&M24,
Thanks for sharing valuable info. Someone could advise me my PR is pending about 12 Months now, what should i do ? should i email to ICA or just wait ICA`s final decision . if i have to email to ICA, what is the correct ICA`s correct email ? Please advise me urgently. your valuable advise is deeply appreciated. Thanks & Best Regards, Dennis

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 3:22 pm

Dennis Cooper wrote:Dear M&M24,
Thanks for sharing valuable info. Someone could advise me my PR is pending about 12 Months now, what should i do ? should i email to ICA or just wait ICA`s final decision . if i have to email to ICA, what is the correct ICA`s correct email ? Please advise me urgently. your valuable advise is deeply appreciated. Thanks & Best Regards, Dennis
You have waited patiently for 12 months, wait for another 2-3 months and you will get the result

Dennis Cooper

Post by Dennis Cooper » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 4:01 pm

Dear Singapore Flyer,
What should i do if my EP renewal is not approved as it expires on Mar`2019, the crappy news from work colleague some of them did not get approved EP renewal due to MOM laws are stricted. I dont have a confidence so much about my EP renewal as my local SME is very small business transactions during the past few years. Please advise. your opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 4:16 pm

Dennis Cooper wrote:Dear Singapore Flyer,
What should i do if my EP renewal is not approved as it expires on Mar`2019, the crappy news from work colleague some of them did not get approved EP renewal due to MOM laws are stricted. I dont have a confidence so much about my EP renewal as my local SME is very small business transactions during the past few years. Please advise. your opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks
You still have 2+ months for it to happen. Within that very likely you will get the PR result

But just FYI, PR approval criteria is tougher than EP renewal criteria. So, if you say you wont pass the EP renewal criteria, chances of getting PR is also very low

Dennis Cooper

Post by Dennis Cooper » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 4:52 pm

Oh I see. Many thanks for your advise !!!!!