Singapore Expats Forum

Coffe, Lunch, or a Movie during the day

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Coffe, Lunch, or a Movie during the day

Postby Matney » Sat, 05 Mar 2005 9:01 pm

I moved to Singapore in December from OZ where I lived for 15 years and grew up in the USA in the Midwest. I have 2 teenagers and was wondering if there are any other ladies who would be interested in meeting up for coffee, lunch or a movie while the children are attending school. Evenings are pretty busy with sports, etc. I'm located on the East Coast and rely on public transport. Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Dave001

Hi Martney

Postby Dave001 » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 4:47 am

Hi Martney,
Yes...I love meeting new people and especially learing about other culture
etc. I can be free for lunch or tea etc. It would be nice to meet you up.
You can drop me a mail at prakaoru@yahoo.com.sg
Well, hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers
Dave.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 8:42 am

Dave,

Thanks, but you must have misread my note. I stated "ladies", I don't think you qualify in that category. Second, at least you could spell my name correctly. And finally, I find it interesting that you've answered my letter and 'bored, lonely". Me thinks, you may be looking for something else besides an honest get together. I apoligise in advanced if I'm incorrect on any or all accounts. Have a good one!

Now my original offer still stands, any other ladies interested in meeting up for coffee, lunch, or go to the movies while our children are attending school?

MariaW

Hello!

Postby MariaW » Wed, 16 Mar 2005 6:48 pm

Hi Matney,

I am Maria, a mother of a one month old baby, yes, I am keen to go for a movie and/or coffee, I will be going back to work in May but am on maternity leave for now. I do have a maid that takes care of my little one.
Here is my email address if you are keen - mariaschoon@yahoo.com.sg

Luvs2BSpoild

Hi Matney!

Postby Luvs2BSpoild » Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:23 am

Welcome to Singapore!

Mom of two teenagers here with lots of free time during the day. Have not had much luck meeting other Moms of older children.

Originally from the U.S., lived in the U.K. and now Singapore.

If you would be interested in meeting up, please feel free to e-mail me at Luvs2BSpoild@yahoo.com

Regards!

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Coffee, lunch or movie during the day

Postby Matney » Mon, 21 Mar 2005 8:53 pm

Hi! Yes, let's get together. Maybe for coffee next week after Easter.
Maria, you didn't say where you were from? Luvs2BSpoild, what part of the States are you originally from? I came From Missouri, but haven't lived there for over 15 years. I will email you both this week-end as I'm out of town for a few days. If any other ladies are interested, please, the more the merrier! :)

Luvs2BSpoild

Hi Matney

Postby Luvs2BSpoild » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 5:53 am

<font color=#B37C85><i>Would like to meet up with you after the Easter Holiday... I will be away until 3 April, but then leaving again for two weeks on 6 April. Perhaps we could meet up the morning of the 4th or 5th for a coffee?

In answer to your question, I am originally from Pennsylvania.

Look forward to receiving your e-mail.

MariaW

Yup, Lets make this happen!

Postby MariaW » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:33 am

Hi Matney and Luvs2BSpoild,

I am a local Singaporean of Eurasian and Chinese descent. My husband is from the UK and we live close to Seletar in Northern Singapore.
Some of my very good friends are from Indiana, Atlanta and California.

Looking forward to meeting up after Easter!

PS, Cool email - Luvs2BSpoild!! :)

ant914

Postby ant914 » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 4:16 pm

Hi Matney

Lunch or coffee sounds great for me. Would love to meet new friends. I'm a Singaporean of mixed parentage married to a Dane. We live in the city. Chit chat over lunch or tea sounds splendid. Let me know when and where

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Coffee, Lunch or Movies during day

Postby Matney » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:34 am

Last time for this message. It can also be found under
"Coffee, Lunches or Evening Drinks with the girls"

Date: 4 April
Time: 10:00 a.m.
At Domes in Wheelock Place

Looking forward to meeting everyone that attend.
I'm sorry that I have had trouble posting this message in the correct subject. :oops:

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Coffee, Lunch or Movies during day

Postby Matney » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:55 pm

A correction to the time for Monday. Domes doesn't open until 10:30 so I guess we can meet then or soon after. Thanks to Maria for checking this out.

4 April at 10:30 a.m. at Domes for tea or coffee and a chat.

See you then!

anthea

Postby anthea » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 8:05 pm

Hi there

Would love to get-to-gether for some coffee and chat. Let me know. Local of mixed parentage and married to a Dane. So I'm also free during the day Mon - Fri or lunch on Sat. Evenings also fine but need to plan with my husband's schedule. Let me know.

Cheers
Yvonne