Singapore Expats Forum

Which race; Armenians, Jews or Cambodians suffered worst in

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mystic law

Which race; Armenians, Jews or Cambodians suffered worst in

Postby mystic law » Sat, 05 Mar 2005 7:51 pm

Looking back at man's inhumanity towards their own species.

The Armenians under the Ottomon Turks were systematically exterminated. (many millions were slaughtered)

The Jews under the Fuhrer; (6 million gassed?)

The Cambodians under Pol Pot (2 million?)

The Nanjing Massacre (>300,000 Chinese slaughtered?)

==========

Footnote:-

For tHiroshima and Nagasaki- the Japs deserved 2 b nuked for

the atrocities that they committed at the Nanking Massacre , the Death Railway (Bridge on the RIver Kwai), Pearl Harbour, the massacre of the Chinese in Sg....and many more.

Any comments welcome.

:shock: :shock:

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:28 pm

What about the Irish under the English and all the rest throughout history???

Whats your point?

What do you want to debate or are you just stirring up racism in the form of some misdirected politically correct idealogy?

mystic law

Trying 2 stimulate some discussions..

Postby mystic law » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 12:35 am

Bafana wrote:What about the Irish under the English and all the rest throughout history???

Whats your point?

What do you want to debate or are you just stirring up racism in the form of some misdirected politically correct idealogy?

=====
Bafana wrote:What about the Irish under the English and all the rest throughout history???

Whats your point?

=======

I am trying to stimulate some discussions to let people air their views from different perspectives; whether the homo sapiens as a specie has learnt anything from these tragedies.

The point is that they all suffered and history continues to repeat itself because no one seems to learn anything from it.

:(

:shock:

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 5:05 pm

Respect your opinion and agree.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 7:37 pm

About history repeating itself? Think it possible that we knew what went wrong but, being human, the gambling factor, the ego factor and many many others, just have them look way beyond all that...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 9:46 pm

mystic law

Did you register to post this or did you just cut & paste it from the Angry Board's Talking point forum. :oops: There they just flamed you/OP as per normal. Maybe you will get a better response over here. :?

I'll cut and paste one of the responses from over there as well:

"He listed a bunch of 'stats' in a pretty straightforward way at first and then he stated that "the Japs deserved 2 b nuked" and went on to list why. Yes, he included Pearl Harbor in his rant against them, but he seemed quite focused on the atrocities against the Chinese.
If you read the rest of what I said, I pointed out that this topic was a ridiculous exercise because genocide and mass killing is abhorrent no matter who is doing it to whom. I have nothing against the Chinese, Ah Seng -- they are as fine a group of people as any other group on the planet. Every race has good people and bad people within it -- no big news there. "

You should read your own post before answering Baf.

"The point is that they all suffered and history continues to repeat itself because no one seems to learn anything from it. "

:cry:
and from your first post:

"For tHiroshima and Nagasaki- the Japs deserved 2 b nuked for

the atrocities that they committed at the Nanking Massacre , the Death Railway (Bridge on the RIver Kwai), Pearl Harbour, the massacre of the Chinese in Sg....and many more. "

It is obvious you don't believe in turning the other cheek or forgiving but instead believe in tit for tat. :oops:

If you want a logical discussion I am all for that, but please write logically yourself. :roll:

sms

Postby Guest » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:22 pm

What is there to discuss on this topic? There have been wars, there are still wars around and there will allways be wars around, as simple as that.

Make a difference in your personal life, don't discriminate, don't point at other people or races, rerspect and forgive: also forgive the Japanese please?

Yes, a lot of Chinese suffered from the Japanese during 2nd WW (also quite a few Australians, British, Dutch and other allies btw), but just to look at China in this case: What did / do the Chinese do to their own ethnic citizens like the Tibetans?

Useless discussion...

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:25 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Mon, 22 May 2006 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mystic law

Postby mystic law » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:06 pm

[[[and from your first post:

Quote:
"For tHiroshima and Nagasaki- the Japs deserved 2 b nuked for

the atrocities that they committed at the Nanking Massacre , the Death Railway (Bridge on the RIver Kwai), Pearl Harbour, the massacre of the Chinese in Sg....and many more. "

It is obvious you don't believe in turning the other cheek or forgiving but instead believe in tit for tat. ]]]]]]

I was incensed by what the Japs did in Nanjing in 1937. Helpless women and children were impaled, breasts lobbed off and many other INHUMAN WAR CRIMES that must make Saddam Hussein a goody goody guy from DIsneyland.

The author, Iris Chang of the Nanjing Massacre who committted suicide must have been so traumatised that she can't lead a normal life.

The facts about the other genocide cases affecting other nationalities were
taken cursory from a search on the web.

Similarly, what had happened at the holocaust when the NAzis gassed the JEws is also an unforgivable war crime.

:cry:

the universal mystic law

Postby Guest » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 3:32 pm

Did the civilian Japs deserve to be nuked? Did they order the atrocities to be carried out?

Should we gas German civilians even though they had nothing to do with the war?

It boils down to individual abuse of power, not the country.

History shows that given too much power, a person will abuse with it.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:27 pm

mystic law wrote:I was incensed by what the Japs did in Nanjing in 1937. Helpless women and children were impaled, breasts lobbed off and many other INHUMAN WAR CRIMES that must make Saddam Hussein a goody goody guy from DIsneyland.

Um, no. Take it from the guy who played Uday's body double, Saddam Hussein was not a very nice guy:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 55-7715366

And whereas Imperial Japan and Saddam's Iraq are both history, Communist China and its laogai gulags are still going strong...

Singapore_Sling

Postby Singapore_Sling » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 2:45 pm

Mystic Law - this really needs to be at the Angry Board, as do you, but then you have been censored even there.

If you are looking for like-minded people to affirm your hatred for the Japanese, then go to some club for loonies and don;t pollute this board.

I believe someone has already mentioned soemthing similar, what is in the past is in the past and we have all learned from this.

All? No! Not China, which continues to kill, suppress and keep their population under strict control. China sterilises Tibetans, murders them and re-settles Han to make the region Chinese.

Have we all learned from history? Nope, two glaring examples: You and the PRC. So, here's a raspberry for you: pfffft :lol:

Forgetmenot

Re: Which race; Armenians, Jews or Cambodians suffered worst

Postby Forgetmenot » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 4:02 pm

mystic law wrote:Looking back at man's inhumanity towards their own species.

The Armenians under the Ottomon Turks were systematically exterminated. (many millions were slaughtered)

The Jews under the Fuhrer; (6 million gassed?)

The Cambodians under Pol Pot (2 million?)

The Nanjing Massacre (>300,000 Chinese slaughtered?)

==========

Footnote:-

For tHiroshima and Nagasaki- the Japs deserved 2 b nuked for

the atrocities that they committed at the Nanking Massacre , the Death Railway (Bridge on the RIver Kwai), Pearl Harbour, the massacre of the Chinese in Sg....and many more.

Any comments welcome.

:shock: :shock:

What about the suffering of the black people under the apartheid system in south africa and the indians under the british rule and so on :?:

This is not an ideal world and we can't expect people to behave in an ideal manner. History does repeat itself because we do not learn any lessons from it :shock:

Do you know what the germans did to its black natives in Namibia.........?

It is so gruesome and beyond words :evil:

PS. I am not defending any of this in any sense of the word so don't misunderstand/judge me :roll:

guesthopper

Postby guesthopper » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 4:22 pm

i think africa,has suffered repeatedly and contiinously through foreign rule, slavery, natual disasters like drought etc, civil wars and numerous genocides. its perhaps the most unforgiving and has the most tragic history ever unfolding even today.
it makes me sad and helpless.

not to forget the aids epidemic and unimaginable poverty.

Singapore_Sling

Postby Singapore_Sling » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 3:46 pm

I was incensed by what the Japs did in Nanjing in 1937. Helpless women and children were impaled, breasts lobbed off and many other INHUMAN WAR CRIMES that must make Saddam Hussein a goody goody guy from DIsneyland.

Uuh, Mystic Law, you are one sick puppy - does imagining this turn you on? Sick, ill and definitely weird little man. My avatar bows his head to you in deference.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: