Singapore Expats

Help - Certificates for Visa requirements

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 6:51 pm

Help - Certificates for Visa requirements

Post by larkypants » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 6:56 pm


I have a potential job offer in Singapore, they have also offered to sponsor my Visa. I understand that I need to provide certificates of my qualifications for the visa. I have these, however, my name is incorrect. When I was young my mum remarried and she enrolled me at school with my step fathers last name without having changed it legally and as a result all my certificates have that as the name.

I have been informed that I cannot change the names on the certificates, but I can use a notarised document certifying that the certificates belong to me. Could someone please tell me what type of document they would accept prove that they belong to me? Either a notarized sworn declaration (known as an affidavit) or certified document.

Thanks in advance,


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests