Singapore Expats

Police Stern Warning

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Warnedindividual

Police Stern Warning

Post by Warnedindividual » Mon, 31 Dec 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Guys,

(Soon to be) happy new year!

Long story short - I’ve been given a stern warning by the police for doing something stupid. From what I understand, this is purely logged in the SPF internal system and no one else has access to it. Also, as it is not a conviction or criminal record, my COC will show up clean.

Does anyone know if there is any chance any foreign government or organisations (perhaps for visa applications etc) might find out about this?

Thanks!

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Police Stern Warning

Post by The Ref » Mon, 31 Dec 2018 5:08 pm

I have no idea about your question, but I am intrigued at what you may have done (given you created a new account I am guessing you are hiding your identity for obvious reasons)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 31 Dec 2018 9:19 pm

It is internal I believe based on what I've heard over the years and with what's happened to me. There's no 100% way to be sure but when your time comes to leave Singapore go to the Cantonement Police Center and request a Criminal Clearance Cert - that will show what normal channels will show but of course what the cops share between international agencies will be possible more detailed.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Warnedindividual

Post by Warnedindividual » Mon, 31 Dec 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for your reply. What happened to you if you don’t mind sharing?

I believe from the definition of a COC that it is only meant to show convictions therefore anything such as warnings / probations should not appear on them?

I will also be very surprised if the cops share warnings with each other especially since the warnings in Singapore are not even legally binding! Only time will tell though...
Last edited by Warnedindividual on Mon, 31 Dec 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warrup

Post by Warrup » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 9:33 am

Hi, did you ever find this out and did it ever affect your visa?

GlenT

Post by GlenT » Tue, 18 Jun 2019 5:46 pm

From what i understand typically this information is not going to be shared. They keep the information internally and even conviction data is rarely shared across countries, not to say warnings which have no legal implications