Singapore Expats

Calligraphy Workshops

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ecababes

Calligraphy Workshops

Post by ecababes » Thu, 27 Dec 2018 7:28 pm

Hi! I am new at calligraphy and is looking for workshops that can help improve my skills in writing, do you guys happen to know a good workshop for business cursive or ornamental lettering? Your opinion will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

jennylee

Re: Calligraphy Workshops

Post by jennylee » Thu, 27 Dec 2018 7:33 pm

Workshops are a good way to kick it off! :D

I know a creative workshop in Singapore which specializes in Calligraphy. <Spammy Advertising Removed> is a host for writing workshops and are in collaboration with local and oversea calligraphers and artists. They are pens collectors and love inks.

I follow them in Instagram and saw their post about the upcoming workshop this February. You may try to visit their facebook and instagram account to check updates regarding the workshop. I believe workshops they conduct are beginner-friendly so it is a great way for you to start out your calligraphy journey.

Here are the links of their social media accounts:

<Spammy Advertising Removed>

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:33 pm

Isn't that just amazing?!?!? ecababes, posting from Manila, wants to know about calligraphy courses in Singapore, of all places. Fabulous!

Even more amazing, just five minutes later, jennylee, also posting from Manila, just happens to have 3 or 4 links to some calligraphy poop in Singapore. I mean... what are the chances? How very lucky for escababe that jennylee just happened to come along to Singapore Expats AND had the very information that escababe wanted! You couldn't ask for a better world!

And now, I am very puzzled. escababe and jennylee are posting from the exact same IP address in Manila, and I am wondering why they just didn't lean across the desk and talk to each other. So sad in this day and age of electronics that the art of one on one conversation has been lost.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:37 pm

Considering they registered only 7 minutes apart, I think they must have been in each other's laps.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Considering they registered only 7 minutes apart, I think they must have been in each other's laps.
I lub you lon tine?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Dec 2018 9:26 am

Only with beer goggles probably!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers