Singapore Expats

Partnership Offer

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Dmitriy

Partnership Offer

Post by Dmitriy » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 9:37 pm

I have a company, a bank account, and EP in Singapore. I am open to joint business offers.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Partnership Offer

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 11:17 pm

Dmitriy wrote:I have a company, a bank account, and EP in Singapore. I am open to joint business offers.
Is that a fact? Perhaps you can explain how you have a Singapore EP when you are posting from Omsk. Russia?

Dmitriy

Post by Dmitriy » Tue, 25 Dec 2018 3:25 pm

Yes, that's right, now we are in Russia, but at the end of January we will be in Singapore. All that is written above is a fact. If there are interesting offers, we are ready to meet and discuss the details in person.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 05 Feb 2019 3:33 am

Cecil33 wrote:And what to get Singapore EP is hard to get? I plan to move with my family after 3 months.
You need to be offered a job by a Singapore based company. They will then apply to Ministry of Manpower for your EP. If both you and the company meet requirements an EP will be issued, allowing you to work for that company only.

No freelancing... no running your own business.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 07 Feb 2019 7:55 am

I wouldn't go near a Russian and business in Singapore.... I know there are some straight Russians who haven't been co-opted by their countries crime gangs but they are usually in honest jobs back in Russia.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 07 Feb 2019 8:48 am

PNGMK wrote:I wouldn't go near a Russian and business in Singapore.... I know there are some straight Russians who haven't been co-opted by their countries crime gangs but they are usually in honest jobs back in Russia.
And as a sidenote, I've often wondered how that club on the 4th floor at Orchard Towers (Top 5, izzit?) is chock full of very beautiful, tall, blonde, Russian women, with a large contingent of big buys wearing tight fitting suits hanging around all over.

To me it would be one thing to hook up with a lovely Thai woman at Ipanema or a Vietnamese woman at the country and western joint, but I can't imagine what you're getting hooked into with one of these Russian women.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 07 Feb 2019 8:57 am

OT is full of Albanian and Russian mafia now. My former boss is an ex HK Drug Detective. I took him in there about 5 years ago and he took great pride in pointing out to me which bars were Albanian run (the old 392) or Russian (top 5) or still under Triad/Clan control. There are very few true independent ones left. He kindly also suggested I avoid that place as in his words "Albanians won't give a stuff about the death penalty for using a gun and they are handy with knives as well".

I have no idea why Singapore allows these people in - maybe some sort of criminal international alliance?

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 07 Feb 2019 9:44 am

PNGMK wrote:I have no idea why Singapore allows these people in - maybe some sort of criminal international alliance?
I don't get it, either. You read about all the hassles that people have trying to get work and residence permits, and here we've got a bunch of Russian blondes, and dare I say, t̶h̶u̶g̶s̶,̶ men, all "working" at Top 5. I wondered about this when I still lived in Singapore.

I sure hope the Naughty Girl club hasn't been taken over by gangs... that place was fun.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 07 Feb 2019 11:47 am

I assume that they get in and stay until caught in vice activities and are deported or are just smart enough to stay on the right side of the law.

karenmane

Post by karenmane » Sun, 12 Sep 2021 7:12 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Thu, 07 Feb 2019 8:57 am
OT is full of Albanian and Russian mafia now. My former boss is an ex HK Drug Detective. I took him in there about 5 years ago and he took great pride in pointing out to me which bars were Albanian run (the old 392) or Russian (top 5) or still under Triad/Clan control. There are very few true independent ones left. He kindly also suggested I avoid that place as in his words "Albanians won't give a stuff about the death penalty for using a gun and they are handy with knives as well".

I have no idea why Singapore allows these people in - maybe some sort of criminal international alliance?
The knives part sounds great. I love that.