Singapore Expats Forum

21 M looking for new friends

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Aswin Singh

21 M looking for new friends

Postby Aswin Singh » Tue, 18 Dec 2018 8:34 am

Hey guys! I'm a Sikh, raised in Singapore but am British Indian and would love to expand my social circle and have friends from different cultures!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

boonsg

Re: 21 M looking for new friends

Postby boonsg » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 1:27 am

Aswin Singh wrote:Hey guys! I'm a Sikh, raised in Singapore but am British Indian and would love to expand my social circle and have friends from different cultures!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You should check out meetup.com. It's a social media for meeting up with strangers. There are many groups on meetup.com which organise frequent meetings between expats and locals in Singapore.

One example is https://www.meetup.com/FrancisMeetupEvent/

This group alone has 24,000 members and organises at least one meeting per week. Each meeting is very popular - over 300 members sign up. I just went for one event last friday, it was at a classy location, a poolside bar of a 5 star hotel, but reasonably priced.

The event was filled with youngsters in the 20-40 age range. I got to meet people from many countries there - India, Korea, Vietnam, USA, South America, and Europe. I even met someone from Kosovo who was working in Singapore. It's amazing!

That is just one group! There are a few such groups. And if you have specific interests e.g. jogging long distances or badminton, meetup.com is the place to go to arrange to meet random people to play sports with.

There are also groups for people to practise speaking specific languages with....and all kinds of other social interests.

Disclaimer: I do not work for meetup.com or profit from making this post, this is just sharing my own experience.

I started using meetup.com only recently, and so far, it's been nothing short of fantastic. I've even started my own meeting groups for environmentalism and for practising English.

samy009

Re: 21 M looking for new friends

Postby samy009 » Thu, 20 Dec 2018 2:29 am

hi ssa.i m sikh too studying in sg.whts app to know more 83118242 hear fro m u soon