Singapore Expats

S Pass rejected, plans to apply E pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
chicooo

S Pass rejected, plans to apply E pass

Post by chicooo » Thu, 13 Dec 2018 1:59 am

Hi.I would like to ask some advice regarding my current situation. My spass was rejected 2 weeks ago because the employer is not aware he doesnt have quota (which i didnt know to as i thought he have since he is looking for foreign talent) and instead of reapealling it the same employer wants to apply E Pass. Do i have even a small chance? And i’d like to know if the FIN issued when spass was rejected is still the same that is going to be used in applying ep? Or is it need new one? thank you in advance. So worried.I am scared that if applied and got rejected again, there is a big chance i wont be able to apply any pass in the future “as they say” if have been rejected twice :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: S Pass rejected, plans to apply E pass

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Dec 2018 2:46 pm

Much to your dismay, if your employer applied for an S pass you probably do not qualify for an EP. Any normal employer would apply for the EP if you qualified for it (both academically/experience wise and remuneration being offered). It would not make sense to apply for an S pass as they, if given, will pay more in Levies (up to $650/mo) whereas there are no levies for the EP. Also, normally an employer when applying for an EP, should always check the box where it asks 'if the employee does not qualify for the EP, do you want to consider them for a S pass. (If that box isn't checked, then if you don't qualify for the EP, you are stuck as the employer cannot go back and reapply for the S pass - must have the box checked on the initial application. If not the only way is to try to get a job with a different employer.

With the employer not knowing that he didn't have quota (stupid employer you want to work for, I must say as normally any HR department would check their quota before applying), you sure you want to work for what sounds like a rinky-dink outfit?

As to your FIN number, it is permanent. Every application you fill with the MOM will have the same FIN number attached to it. It's permanent for life or until you become a PR/Citizen. At that time and only that time will be be exchanged for a NRIC number. Even if you come back and file 10 years later you will still have the same FIN number.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Fri, 14 Dec 2018 3:09 pm

Epass has a more stringent requirement for employees in terms of salary, position and qualifications but is less stringent for employers. If your prospective employer improves your salary and position offered, then the chance of EP approval may increase. Of course, this new position and salary has to match your qualifications. A too obvious mismatch between them will trigger some red flags on MOM's side.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Dec 2018 3:32 pm

This^^ (commonly referred to as kickbacks)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers