Singapore Expats

Student pass renewal rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hazelnutmocha

Student pass renewal rejected

Post by hazelnutmocha » Sun, 02 Dec 2018 3:23 pm

Hello, I've been a long time silent reader here.

So I have been staying here since 2011. Did my degree at Curtin Singapore and then came back home. Then on Aug 2016 came back here again to do my ACCA at Kaplan.

Long story short, my student pass is up to renewal and I submitted my application two weeks ago. On Friday I received the news from school saying that my renewal has been rejected.

I'm not entirely sure what was the reason, but I'm sure ICA is preventing fraud hence they didn't disclose it. My attendance was 92.87%. So I'm really blur about this.

The school advised me to appeal, which I will do. I will also include bank statement and financial standing report from DBS to prove that I'm not working here. I also asked the lecturer to write me a letter of support. I also have paid the last two semesters and will include the receipt. But I was wondering if there any other documents that I should submit as well.

It's quite devastating as this is my second last semester. I really hope that I can finish my study here.

Thank you in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Student pass renewal rejected

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Dec 2018 1:47 pm

Your period of stay is a bit suspect. if you have been here for the past 7 years ICA most likely sees you as a professional Student just going to school to remain here in Singapore. I'm not suggesting that is the case, but quite often this type of student with indulgent parents with deep pockets does show up on their radar. Try to appeal. Maybe you will get lucky.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hazelnutmocha

Post by hazelnutmocha » Mon, 03 Dec 2018 1:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Your period of stay is a bit suspect. if you have been here for the past 7 years ICA most likely sees you as a professional Student just going to school to remain here in Singapore. I'm not suggesting that is the case, but quite often this type of student with indulgent parents with deep pockets does show up on their radar. Try to appeal. Maybe you will get lucky.
I came back home at 2014 upon finishing my degree. Then I came back here on 2016 to do ACCA. So it's look suspicious to them?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Dec 2018 6:08 pm

Maybe they are concerned that you are wasting your time. After all, your first sentence says "So I have been staying here since 2011." Then your contradict it. If you talk to ICA like that, you are not going to get very far. Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers