Singapore Expats

SC with foreign spouse & foreign child

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lm190415

SC with foreign spouse & foreign child

Post by Lm190415 » Tue, 27 Nov 2018 6:44 pm

Hi all,
I'm a SC husband with a foreign wife legally married here in SG, my baby girl was born overseas before we got married here.
They both are on LTVP now, I am now in process on making my baby girl sg citizenship. Submitted documents on August 2018 when my child is 1y10m at that time.

Just wanna check how long does it usually take to process the application? Will there be any chance that she might fail this?

As I know some of others application only took a mere 2 to 3 months to approved. Wondering will there be any issue for mine because I am rushing to make preschool application for my child.

Thank you everybody in advance!!

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Re: SC with foreign spouse & foreign child

Post by Bakulii » Wed, 28 Nov 2018 11:37 am

Lm190415 wrote:Hi all,
I'm a SC husband with a foreign wife legally married here in SG, my baby girl was born overseas before we got married here.
They both are on LTVP now, I am now in process on making my baby girl sg citizenship. Submitted documents on August 2018 when my child is 1y10m at that time.

Just wanna check how long does it usually take to process the application? Will there be any chance that she might fail this?

As I know some of others application only took a mere 2 to 3 months to approved. Wondering will there be any issue for mine because I am rushing to make preschool application for my child.

Thank you everybody in advance!!
Difficult to answer this question as it's just like asking how long is a piece of string. It could be as fast as 3 months up to more than one year.....subjected to ICA's unique assessment procedures.

Best to just apply and forget about it until you receive a letter.

Lm190415

Post by Lm190415 » Wed, 28 Nov 2018 3:48 pm

Thank you for responding!
Yeah understand what you meant.
Just trying to find out could it be because I made the application too late. And will MP be able to expedite it? :D

Lm190415

Post by Lm190415 » Thu, 29 Nov 2018 3:18 pm

queenofspace wrote:wish you gain your goal as soon as it possible!
Thank you! Appreciate it.