Singapore Expats

An update about my noisy HDB neighbor who go homeless

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
jasonlaick

An update about my noisy HDB neighbor who go homeless

Post by jasonlaick » Wed, 21 Nov 2018 5:48 am

More than an hour ago I google something and I happen to come across a post about noisy neighbor and as I read on how come it sounds familiar and I suddenly realize I am the thread opener ! and I posted it here on June 14, 2014.

I will like to give an update about my situation.

My neighbor has been technically homeless past 6 months and currently renting a room. It is very hard for him to own a house due to some personal reason.

His family has decided to sell the house for good because like me, they too cannot stand the many frustrations. If I cannot stand it for 7 years living next door. How much more they have to bear when living within.

My neighbor try to send his noisy bird away but its too late.

My current neighbor is super quiet and they shut almost all their windows 95% of the time.

Incase some of you wonder how did this 7 years of nightmare come to an end? I am a lapse Catholic from early 2008 to late 2017.

I happen to come back to Church late last year due to unforeseen circumstances. I didn't plan to come back so early but 15 years later.

I was told by my neighbor that his parent decided to sell the house late last year ie one month after I went back to Church and he was informed about it. He thought they are kidding.

I prayed to God to give me peace and from the day he move out till the owner move in I have 5 months+ of total freedom as the house was empty. I prayed very hard for a new Catholic neighbor to move in and my prayers are answered !

The most ironical thing is they move in exactly a year after I came back to the Church.

As for my life, it has become better and better. I go to daily masses every day. The Lord has blessed me abundantly spiritually and financially, we need not worry. Unlike the past I have to worry about my debts and my mum worry about how family livelihood. Now my mum and I have a combine savings of $ 30 000+ and over the past 3 years the Lord has blessed us with almost $ 40 000. We have a steady flow of $ coming in every month too. And the Lord has answered many of my prayers except the enbloc of my current old flat.

The reason I go back to the Church is because I am thankful to God for the many blessings I receive over the years. I never expected this marked the exodus of my neighbor.

I find Old testament very relevant. When we rebel against God, we may suffer the fate like the Jews who are force out of their land to serve as slaves in foreign lands. God use big power like Babylon to punish them. But when they repent and turn back to God, God will in term use other big powers to punish Babylon.

This is how I look at my neighbor. I was filled with awe when I realize he might have to suffer the fate of homeless for the rest of his life. But God knows whats going on in his mind those 7 years. All I wanted is for him to stop all these nuisances but I never expected his plight to be such.

I will restrain mentioning about why he suffer such fate. All in all I would say never provoke God to anger. You know the sins he hated. Its esp. in the Old testament. As for myself I was very humbled by this experience. I do go for weekly confessions and I am very happy with my life now.

So far I came across 6 individuals/ family who are homeless. Some are divorcees. It seem to be a curse. If you are married and thinking of divorce you might want to ponder seriously. It could be worse than your current situation.

If you are Catholics facing challenges be it noisy neighbors or debts etc, the 1st thing to ask is do your go weekly Mass. If the answer is no. Then the first step to solve your problem is t go back to Church. Pray and somehow someway, your life might turn for the better. Don't expect your best friends nor church to help you. My 3 best friends never help me when I needed them most, ironically its the invisible God who help me to where I am now.

There are still a lot I havent wrote about the many blessings I receive. Pray, pray, pray is the key to everything. be sincere and you will realize this is not a dumb God who doesn't respond.

Try and be awe like I did. Start by going daily Mass if you would. And the key to touch the Lord heart is getting close to his Mother, our blessed Mother Mary. That is the easiest and shortest route.

----
my 2014 post :

viewtopic.php?t=102354#top-forum

Search By

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: An update about my noisy HDB neighbor who go homeless

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 21 Nov 2018 8:10 am

Amen and may the Lord continue to shine His light upon you.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 21 Nov 2018 9:43 am

jasonlaick wrote:More than an hour ago I google something and I happen to come across a post about noisy neighbor and as I read on how come it sounds familiar and I suddenly realize I am the thread opener ! and I posted it here on June 14, 2014.

I will like to give an update about my situation.

My neighbor has been technically homeless past 6 months and currently renting a room. It is very hard for him to own a house due to some personal reason.

His family has decided to sell the house for good because like me, they too cannot stand the many frustrations. If I cannot stand it for 7 years living next door. How much more they have to bear when living within.

My neighbor try to send his noisy bird away but its too late.

My current neighbor is super quiet and they shut almost all their windows 95% of the time.

Incase some of you wonder how did this 7 years of nightmare come to an end? I am a lapse Catholic from early 2008 to late 2017.

I happen to come back to Church late last year due to unforeseen circumstances. I didn't plan to come back so early but 15 years later.

I was told by my neighbor that his parent decided to sell the house late last year ie one month after I went back to Church and he was informed about it. He thought they are kidding.

I prayed to God to give me peace and from the day he move out till the owner move in I have 5 months+ of total freedom as the house was empty. I prayed very hard for a new Catholic neighbor to move in and my prayers are answered !

The most ironical thing is they move in exactly a year after I came back to the Church.

As for my life, it has become better and better. I go to daily masses every day. The Lord has blessed me abundantly spiritually and financially, we need not worry. Unlike the past I have to worry about my debts and my mum worry about how family livelihood. Now my mum and I have a combine savings of $ 30 000+ and over the past 3 years the Lord has blessed us with almost $ 40 000. We have a steady flow of $ coming in every month too. And the Lord has answered many of my prayers except the enbloc of my current old flat.

The reason I go back to the Church is because I am thankful to God for the many blessings I receive over the years. I never expected this marked the exodus of my neighbor.

I find Old testament very relevant. When we rebel against God, we may suffer the fate like the Jews who are force out of their land to serve as slaves in foreign lands. God use big power like Babylon to punish them. But when they repent and turn back to God, God will in term use other big powers to punish Babylon.

This is how I look at my neighbor. I was filled with awe when I realize he might have to suffer the fate of homeless for the rest of his life. But God knows whats going on in his mind those 7 years. All I wanted is for him to stop all these nuisances but I never expected his plight to be such.

I will restrain mentioning about why he suffer such fate. All in all I would say never provoke God to anger. You know the sins he hated. Its esp. in the Old testament. As for myself I was very humbled by this experience. I do go for weekly confessions and I am very happy with my life now.

So far I came across 6 individuals/ family who are homeless. Some are divorcees. It seem to be a curse. If you are married and thinking of divorce you might want to ponder seriously. It could be worse than your current situation.

If you are Catholics facing challenges be it noisy neighbors or debts etc, the 1st thing to ask is do your go weekly Mass. If the answer is no. Then the first step to solve your problem is t go back to Church. Pray and somehow someway, your life might turn for the better. Don't expect your best friends nor church to help you. My 3 best friends never help me when I needed them most, ironically its the invisible God who help me to where I am now.

There are still a lot I havent wrote about the many blessings I receive. Pray, pray, pray is the key to everything. be sincere and you will realize this is not a dumb God who doesn't respond.

Try and be awe like I did. Start by going daily Mass if you would. And the key to touch the Lord heart is getting close to his Mother, our blessed Mother Mary. That is the easiest and shortest route.

----
my 2014 post :

viewtopic.php?t=102354#top-forum

Shouldn't this be either in the Classified section as an advert , or being investigated under the "Fake News" rules being brought in by the Government?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 21 Nov 2018 9:58 am

Of course a good Christian should open his heart to the down trodden. OP, invite the poor homeless chap to stay with you.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:45 am

Jesus Christ!
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

jasonlaick

Post by jasonlaick » Thu, 22 Nov 2018 12:00 am

bgd wrote:Of course a good Christian should open his heart to the down trodden. OP, invite the poor homeless chap to stay with you.
---
: (