Singapore Expats

1 day overstay in singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Tishaa

Post by Tishaa » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 1:32 am

Hi!

I am a filipina, i went to singapore to visit my sister last october 18. I really dont know that november 17 is my 30th day staying in singapore. I tought i can stay before nov 18. So nov 17 i booked a flight going back to philippines.

Ff: (immigration) the things was fine, i do thumprint, i do the face the cam and so on, but after that the officer ask me to follow his co officer. He brings me to ICA station. So while they scan my passport and they told me that "Okay you will be banned for 1yr" i am so shookt but i never say anything so the discussion will wont be long, so i do the thumbprints again but my finger prints did'nt work. We try many times but its still doesnt work, he told me that i can enter Sg depends on the immigration officer appointed to the time I come. The officer ask me why i overstay so i tell him my reason. Then, flight in on boarding so they chop my passport and let me go in.

My question is:
1. Do they let me enter Sg if I show my IPA when I came back to Sg? Tho i am not sure if i really have record or dont have due to the thumbprint is not working.

2. Do the Record in ICA is connected to MOM?

Please guys. I hope i can get a good advice from you all. Thankyou!

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 1 day overstay in singapore

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 7:52 am

Tishaa wrote:Hi!

I am a filipina, i went to singapore to visit my sister last october 18. I really dont know that november 17 is my 30th day staying in singapore. I tought i can stay before nov 18. So nov 17 i booked a flight going back to philippines.

Ff: (immigration) the things was fine, i do thumprint, i do the face the cam and so on, but after that the officer ask me to follow his co officer. He brings me to ICA station. So while they scan my passport and they told me that "Okay you will be banned for 1yr" i am so shookt but i never say anything so the discussion will wont be long, so i do the thumbprints again but my finger prints did'nt work. We try many times but its still doesnt work, he told me that i can enter Sg depends on the immigration officer appointed to the time I come. The officer ask me why i overstay so i tell him my reason. Then, flight in on boarding so they chop my passport and let me go in.

My question is:
1. Do they let me enter Sg if I show my IPA when I came back to Sg? Tho i am not sure if i really have record or dont have due to the thumbprint is not working.

Let’s establish a few things first.

1. So you have applied for S/Epass and obtained an IPA?

2. Assuming a yes, I believe in the application form you would be asked a question ‘have you ever been denied entry or barred from Singapore or other countries?’ - how did you answer that question?

Yes, ICA and MoM plus a few other government agencies are linked.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 8:01 am

Tishaa wrote:Hi!

My question is:

Let’s establish a few things first.

1. So you have applied for S/Epass and obtained an IPA?

2. Assuming a yes, I believe in the application form you would be asked a question ‘have you ever been denied entry or barred from Singapore or other countries?’ - how did you answer that question?

Yes, ICA and MoM plus a few other government agencies are linked.

Tishaa

Post by Tishaa » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:27 pm

Yes Jamie, i got IPA and will be release this coming 21st.

Thats my question too. Because im not sure if got a record or no. How can i know if i am really banned or no? Do they have a site?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:48 pm

Do you have a stamp on your passport from singapore immigration aside from the normal entry and exit stamps? If you are banned for some time, there is an indication there in the passport pages.
You can show the IPA to the officer but the officer will decide if you are going to be allowed entry.
Normally, an IPA is proof to the officer that your employment pass has been provisionally approved and the officer will normally allow you entry to convert the IPA into an actual pass.

Tishaa

Post by Tishaa » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:52 pm

I dont have any chop, just only a normal exit chop.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 1:25 pm

Tishaa wrote:Yes Jamie, i got IPA and will be release this coming 21st.

Thats my question too. Because im not sure if got a record or no. How can i know if i am really banned or no? Do they have a site?
From your original post, you said that you were informed by the ICA officer that you are banned from entering Singapore for 1 year then shouldn’t you declare that fact in your S/Epass application, which may actually have a bearing on the outcome of application?
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Mon, 19 Nov 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 7:10 pm

Repeated post

Tishaa

Post by Tishaa » Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:21 am

I never tell him because i apply there while i am just tourist which is illegal right? Thats why i keep my mouth shut.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 20 Nov 2018 1:07 am

Tishaa wrote:I never tell him because i apply there while i am just tourist which is illegal right? Thats why i keep my mouth shut.
There is nothing illegal about applying for a job while you are visiting Singapore as a tourist. People do it all the time.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 20 Nov 2018 7:45 am

Tishaa wrote:I never tell him because i apply there while i am just tourist which is illegal right? Thats why i keep my mouth shut.
Ah okay... I see. I thought you applied after you’ve been told that you’re barred from entering SG for a year.

Once you’ve received your IPA letter, you may show it to the ICA officer at the airport and see what happens.