Singapore Expats Forum
 

Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
NAVER
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 5:11 am

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by NAVER » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 5:20 am

Hi jamesh,

I have a scenerio here. I did not tell my new employer that I havent cancel my old ep and they already start apply my new ep. (I will ask my old employer to cancel when I get my new ep ipa successfully)

Would new company notice that I still holding old ep when the new ipa is issued?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:09 am

NAVER wrote:
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 5:20 am
Hi jamesh,

I have a scenerio here. I did not tell my new employer that I havent cancel my old ep and they already start apply my new ep. (I will ask my old employer to cancel when I get my new ep ipa successfully)

Would new company notice that I still holding old ep when the new ipa is issued?
You dont need to cancel your current EP when a new employer makes a new EP Application. What if your current employer cancels your EP and the new application is rejected?

Farhanabc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 8:47 pm

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by Farhanabc » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 8:51 pm

Hi Jamesh,

Im facing the similar situation like you. But I have been working with the company A for 2 weeks and now I got a new offer from Company B. They are going to do an new work pass for me. Is it any impact to my new work pass approval?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:19 pm

Farhanabc wrote:
Sat, 07 Mar 2020 8:51 pm
Hi Jamesh,

Im facing the similar situation like you. But I have been working with the company A for 2 weeks and now I got a new offer from Company B. They are going to do an new work pass for me. Is it any impact to my new work pass approval?
No impact. New EP Application/Approval wont cancel the existing EP that you are working on. Only when your New EP has to be ISSUED (this is different from APPROVED), previous/current EP has to be cancelled.

Farhanabc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 8:47 pm

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by Farhanabc » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:23 pm

Thank you for the fast response !
But, If I only worked for company A for two weeks is that any impact to my approval for new pass? MoM will based on this to reject my new work pass?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:42 pm

Farhanabc wrote:
Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:23 pm
Thank you for the fast response !
But, If I only worked for company A for two weeks is that any impact to my approval for new pass? MoM will based on this to reject my new work pass?
Possible.

New Pass - They will assess based on a set of criteria. But job hopping without staying on one for a fair time, might end up negative.

Where are you from?
What do you work as?
Why are you changing within 2 weeks?

Farhanabc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 8:47 pm

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by Farhanabc » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:53 pm

So if I cancel for the current EP would that be any chances for the approval on my new work pass?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 10:16 pm

Farhanabc wrote:
Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:53 pm
So if I cancel for the current EP would that be any chances for the approval on my new work pass?
If you cancel your current EP without the new EP being approved, there is a high chance that if your new EP is rejected, you will be jobless

expat_nando
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:50 pm

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by expat_nando » Mon, 22 Jun 2020 1:01 pm

jamessh wrote:
Sun, 07 Apr 2019 1:53 pm
Hi, sorry for not updating.

So in the end I got my EP and worked at Company A. I ended up moving to Company B later on.
Hi Jamessh,

Can you please clarify on below things, as I am too in similar scenario:

1) Did you ask company B to apply for EP without notifying company A?
2) Once the new EP is approved, did you ask company A to cancel the existing EP?
3) am I correct to say you cannot apply for new EP when an IPA is already in place?

Thanks!

AaronCh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by AaronCh » Mon, 22 Jun 2020 4:47 pm

expat_nando wrote:
jamessh wrote:
Sun, 07 Apr 2019 1:53 pm
Hi, sorry for not updating.

So in the end I got my EP and worked at Company A. I ended up moving to Company B later on.
Hi Jamessh,

Can you please clarify on below things, as I am too in similar scenario:

1) Did you ask company B to apply for EP without notifying company A?
2) Once the new EP is approved, did you ask company A to cancel the existing EP?
3) am I correct to say you cannot apply for new EP when an IPA is already in place?

Thanks!
Did you even read his post?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamessh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 9:18 pm

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by jamessh » Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:36 pm

expat_nando wrote:
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 1:01 pm
Hi Jamessh,

Can you please clarify on below things, as I am too in similar scenario:

1) Did you ask company B to apply for EP without notifying company A?
2) Once the new EP is approved, did you ask company A to cancel the existing EP?
3) am I correct to say you cannot apply for new EP when an IPA is already in place?

Thanks!
1) Correct.
2) Once new EP was approved, I handed in my resignation at Company A and then I suppose they cancelled it. But I'm not sure the technicalities.
3) Um...I'm not sure, I think you can, can't remember. Sorry, it's been a while.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37314
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Jun 2020 12:02 pm

It will generally be cancelled at the end of your resignation period unless you shafted your first employer. Then they may sit on it. (It's been done before). If you worked out your notice period you maybe able to go to the MOM and request they cancel it but you will have to bring your employment contract, resignation letter showing your last date of employment (not necessarily the last day you worked). Additionally, if you have an existing IPA, you cannot make another application until that IPA has been withdrawn by the employer. A new EP cannot be issued until the old one is cancelled.

expat_nando
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:50 pm

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by expat_nando » Thu, 25 Jun 2020 12:02 am

jamessh wrote:
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:36 pm
expat_nando wrote:
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 1:01 pm
Hi Jamessh,

Can you please clarify on below things, as I am too in similar scenario:

1) Did you ask company B to apply for EP without notifying company A?
2) Once the new EP is approved, did you ask company A to cancel the existing EP?
3) am I correct to say you cannot apply for new EP when an IPA is already in place?

Thanks!
1) Correct.
2) Once new EP was approved, I handed in my resignation at Company A and then I suppose they cancelled it. But I'm not sure the technicalities.
3) Um...I'm not sure, I think you can, can't remember. Sorry, it's been a while.
Thanks for the quick response jamessh.
Couple of follow up questions -
1) How long did you work at company A before resigning?
2) Did company B had to convenience MOM in there EP application about why the candidate is changing in such a short time?
3) In my case, I do not have an IPA yet. EP application is still in the pending state. Does it still need a withdrawal before the new EP request submission?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Jun 2020 9:54 am

expat_nando wrote:
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 12:02 am
jamessh wrote:
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:36 pm
expat_nando wrote:
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 1:01 pm
Hi Jamessh,

Can you please clarify on below things, as I am too in similar scenario:

1) Did you ask company B to apply for EP without notifying company A?
2) Once the new EP is approved, did you ask company A to cancel the existing EP?
3) am I correct to say you cannot apply for new EP when an IPA is already in place?

Thanks!
1) Correct.
2) Once new EP was approved, I handed in my resignation at Company A and then I suppose they cancelled it. But I'm not sure the technicalities.
3) Um...I'm not sure, I think you can, can't remember. Sorry, it's been a while.
Thanks for the quick response jamessh.
Couple of follow up questions -
1) How long did you work at company A before resigning?
2) Did company B had to convenience MOM in there EP application about why the candidate is changing in such a short time?
3) In my case, I do not have an IPA yet. EP application is still in the pending state. Does it still need a withdrawal before the new EP request submission?
2. No
3. Yes

Leapagoy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 1:52 am

Re: Cancelling EP IPA and applying for a new one? Will I be blacklisted?

Post by Leapagoy » Fri, 07 Aug 2020 2:04 am

Hi,

I have a situation whereby I have gone through interview process with company A for almost 5 months (!) because they were extremely slow in moving but in the end I accepted the offer. However due to my anxiety of waiting and also because I lacked confidence in their process I continued interviewing and had another much better offer with company B. I have decided to go with company B and notified company A about this.

The status with company A is EP recently approved but I have not signed the IPA.
1. How can I get company A to help withdraw the application if they are unresponsive?
2. Should I let company B know about my situation?

Help!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests