Singapore Expats Forum

Car - Second hand or new one? - Advise pls!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

First_time

Postby First_time » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 11:45 pm

My hubby and me thinking of getting a car when we get our first baby. But budget rather tight - both for first installemtn and the monthly instalments.

Heard that fren that it was cheaper to get a new car than service his current one. But was advised that buying a second-hand car is a better option for first-time car owners on budget. How come so?

2nd hand costs less

Postby 2nd hand costs less » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 3:11 pm

Well for the simple reason that second hand costs less, unless it's a lemon whose maintenance and servicing costs outwiegh the lower monthly instalments. So key is to send it for inspection or get a trained mechanic to look it over before buying :;):

joshua_jjzhang

hi to all expats....looking for a car?

Postby joshua_jjzhang » Tue, 30 Mar 2004 1:46 am

Hi all....Joshua here, i hope i can be of help if anyone is in need of a car...just contact me at 90932458 and i will be glad to help u. Erm, objective is to get to know u ppl better beside selling cars. Cheers... :wink:

morris

getting 2nd hand better or 1st handed cars better

Postby morris » Sat, 22 May 2004 12:31 pm

i am going to study in university for the next four yrs.....what type(1st handed or 2nd handed) of cars is it advisable to buy??and what brand.....i looking for those does not consume so much petrol ......1.5 or 1.6 litre cars......also maintenance and servicing wise...it will be economical....and also one owner if possbile....