Singapore Expats

Serviced apartment advice

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
CanaDude

Serviced apartment advice

Post by CanaDude » Sat, 17 Nov 2018 8:07 am

Hello all, my wife and I are arriving in Singapore (from Toronto, Canada) for work in Feb 2019 and wanted to ask for opinions/advice to help us with our Serviced Apartment selection. The abundance of info in this forum and online is quite helpful, but the many options are somewhat overwhelming, so I thought I'd ask :)

My employer is covering two months accomodation for us, with a budget of $7500 SGD per month. I will be working near Suntec City and our criteria/preference are pretty typical..

- Close to MRT
- Less commute time the better
- Breakfast included would be ideal
- Good facilities/amenities (I'm a swimmer so particularly interested in a good lap pool)
- No kids and no car, so close proximity to shops/restaraunts would be nice
- More spacious the better, but in browsing I see we're probably limited to a 1 bedroom or studio

Two options we're focusing on which were recommended by my employer and are within budget, are the Shangri-La Serviced Apartments, as well as 8 on Claymore.

Any feedback regarding these two choices would be greatly appreciated! I'm not set on these by any means, so open to suggestions on the best serviced apartments you're aware of. Ultimately, we'll spend these first two months settling in to work/life in Singapore and spending this time condo shopping for our permanent residence. In this context convenience is the main priority on all fronts.

Thanks in advance for your advice!! :)

Search By

CanaDude

Re: Serviced apartment advice

Post by CanaDude » Sat, 17 Nov 2018 8:53 am

One additional question that I have. I've been browsing on MetroResidences which appears to be closer to what I'd be used to seeing on AirBnB back home. I'm noticing significant differences between these types of long term condo listings, versus the 'hotel style' Serviced Apartments like Shangri-La or Pan Pacific. By differences I mean price relative to size, location, amenities etc.

Below is one example, in which I see a very spacious 2 bed place in Orchard for around the same price as a 600 sq ft one bedroom at Shangri-La. Is this too good to be true or am I missing something in observing these differences?

https://metroresidences.com/sg/serviced ... chard/3003