Singapore Expats

Be SmArT: Use the Self Assessment Tool

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
MGEORGE

Be SmArT: Use the Self Assessment Tool

Post by MGEORGE » Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:02 am

Be SmArT: Use the Self Assessment Tool to check the eligibility of your candidate before you put in an application or appeal. <=== This is the actual one which applies to nationalities from different countries and their salary amounts.

If you are a Malaysian, the salaries below may apply.
S Pass Holders
Increase in minimum qualifying salary for S Pass holders (mid-level skilled foreigners) – There will be an increase in the minimum qualifying monthly salary for S Pass Holders from SGD 2,200 to SGD 2,400 in two (2) phases:
increase to SGD 2,300 (effective 1 January 2019)
increase to SGD 2,400 (effective 1 January 2020)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Be SmArT: Use the Self Assessment Tool

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:14 pm

MGEORGE,

You are not entirely correct. Maybe you should stick with non-Malaysians. Malaysians with degrees can get an EP (not S pass) with a $2400/mo salary. I know. I just hired two Entomologist BSc freshers from the University of Malaysia. One, three months ago, and the other one last month. Oh, don't bother trying to find it on the MOM site as it's not there. You only know if you are in HR and deal with MOM on a daily basis or you have met someone from Malaysia who has come in that way and told you. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Siv
Regular
Regular

Re: Be SmArT: Use the Self Assessment Tool

Post by Siv » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 8:19 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:MGEORGE,

You are not entirely correct. Maybe you should stick with non-Malaysians. Malaysians with degrees can get an EP (not S pass) with a $2400/mo salary. I know. I just hired two Entomologist BSc freshers from the University of Malaysia. One, three months ago, and the other one last month. Oh, don't bother trying to find it on the MOM site as it's not there. You only know if you are in HR and deal with MOM on a daily basis or you have met someone from Malaysia who has come in that way and told you. ;-)
Interesting.....