Singapore Expats

LTVP for my son

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
bqazi001

LTVP for my son

Post by bqazi001 » Sun, 11 Nov 2018 4:44 am

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice. My husband will be getting his EP and I will be getting my DP. However I have a 14 year old from my previous marriage.I have the sole custody for my son. Will there be a problem in getting LTVP for him ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: LTVP for my son

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Nov 2018 12:13 pm

Has your husband adopted the boy yet? If not, there 'may' be some issues. Possibly will need your husband's employer to stand as surety for the boy. But I don't know if it is always the case.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bqazi001

Post by bqazi001 » Sun, 11 Nov 2018 12:47 pm

Thank you @sundaymorningstaple for your reply. No my husband has not adopted him we are in Canada and we never thought it would be an issue so never felt the need. But now that my husband has got a job there we just wanted to make sure. I have my son’s sole custody and his own father has not been in touch with us since 2010. If there is such a thing as the employer giving a surety then that makes me feel positive as I am sure his employer won’t have any issue.

jdkexpat

Post by jdkexpat » Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:52 pm

It would be easier to go back to the employer and have them apply for LTVP for your son too. They would know how to help and it is more easier if they had engaged an immigration consultant. If you are eligible for a DP, as long as you can prove he is your son (if he has your name as mother in his passport, or a birth certificate), he can also get a pass. You can also call ICA and provide them this information to see what their response is. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

bqazi001

Post by bqazi001 » Thu, 22 Nov 2018 4:00 am

Thanks so much @jdkexpat for your reply. Yes my husbands company is assigning a relocation company to take care of our paper work. My sons passport has my name on it. I really hope everything goes smooth.