Singapore Expats Forum

Work Holiday Pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 06 Nov 2018

Work Holiday Pass

Postby myceliumscared » Tue, 06 Nov 2018 1:42 am

Hello I have a few questions about the work holiday pass.

I lived in Singapore for most of my life. I was a PR for many years and a citizen for several, however, I gave up my Singapore citizenship last year in order to keep my US passport.

So I am an American citizen and currently studying in England. For personal reasons, I have decided to do this year of study as a non-attending student. Therefore, I am technically a full time student of the university but not on campus and I do not have a student visa for this year.

I am planning to spend a few months with my family in Singapore and would like to apply for a work holiday pass, however, I'm not sure if I meet the eligibility requirements as I am not longer an on campus student. It says if you do not have a student visa to provide an explanation letter but I am still not an 'on campus' student.

Any advice? If I am not eligible, that's fine but I would like to apply if there is a chance.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest